Operation NO MAG! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Operation NO MAG!

My apartment burnt down in May and we had to move into a new apartment how doesn't allow pets.

Well, what did I do. I snuck my precious Maggie into the apartment and we have been happy ever since.

Except for the other night where our crazy neighbor who lives below us decided to tattle.

Well, my fiance and I performed Operation No Mag!

We got every kitty thing and threw it into the trunk of my car the night before the landlord was supposed to be coming by. He lives in Jersey and I live in New York. He rarely comes by.

That morning I placed her into a blue bin (with air holes) and brought her to my future mother-in-law's house. She spent the whole day with grandma getting fat on treats.

I swear when I picked her up that night she weighed an extra three pounds than normal.

But, I tell ya, she was REALLY happy to get back home.

I love my baby maggie, and not even a crazy neighbor is going to split us up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:18 PM

We had to "hide" our cats in our old apartment too. It was nerve wracking sometimes. Glad you guys could hide her away for the day!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

at least you didn't get caught by the manager!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

'Cat? What cat? Do YOU see any cat paraphernalia here?'

Now you have to be careful, Maggie might want to go see her granny more often now!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Now we had to do it again today.

Last night we overheard her talking on the phone and she threatened to poison our cat.

What kind of person would poison a poor defensless creature just cuz you don't like their owner.

So we brought her back to grandma's today and she going to board her for us for a couple of weeks until we can move into a different part of the complex or she leaves.

I am so mad

I love my Maggie so much I don't know what I would do if I came home...nope...I won't even think like that.

Anybody got any suggestions on how to deal with a crazy neighbor?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:26 AM

LOL! Good to hear that your cat is back home where it belongs!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress
Last night we overheard her talking on the phone and she threatened to poison our cat.

So we brought her back to grandma's today and she going to board her for us for a couple of weeks until we can move into a different part of the complex or she leaves.

I love my Maggie so much I don't know what I would do if I came home...nope...I won't even think like that.
Maggie doesn't go outside, does she? Probably not, since you're in an apartment. If the old hag did decide to poison her, the fact of the matter is that she would have to BREAK into your apartment to do so, which means she could be arrested for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress
Anybody got any suggestions on how to deal with a crazy neighbor?
No, sorry. Moving is the only solution I can think of, which is what my husband and I had to do when some woman who came to check something about the water made a fuss about the cat box (of all things)!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out okay and that the old hag that won't stop bothering you gets a knock on the head and realises the wrong of her ways. (Or something like that...)

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 09:36 PM

How to deal with a crazy neighbor? Suck up. In my experience, people are much more willing to deal with others if they like them. If you can get to be on the neighbor's good side she'll probably be less likely to call in on every little thing. Unless she's just totally unreasonable, in which case, I have no suggestions.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 11:20 PM

You really seem like a WONDERFUL pet owner. Most ppl would just let the landlord take there pets away, and get another. You are really a GREAT person! Good luck!

Tags
pet owner