orange cats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

orange cats

Why are people so biast to orange cats? I have had my foster cat who is a long haired orange cat who yes sometimes has his moment's(the whole drawing blood from my thumb) but for all his craziness he's one of the sweetest cat's i have ever met in my life. Well i just had this lady come over to come and look at him she didn't even bother coming fully into our house he petted him and said "oh he isn't what i am looking" all the while looking at shylo with bug eyes and asking if she was avaliable which is return i wanted to yell no as loud as i could and kick her butt right out the door. So i think i might just have four cat's when the kitten come's but he deserves a loving home where someone won't be biast about the color of his coat. I understand that most people like the black/white/tan and in the other cat cases the colors they are suppose to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have NO idea!!

it's weird isn't it?! orange cats and black dogs are LAST to get adopted at shelters. it's so odd. more black dogs and orange cats are put to sleep than any other colors no matter the temperament. people will adopt a worse behaved animal before adopting something that is a different color.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Makes me want to take all the poor black and orange cat's live on a farm of course get them all fixed so they don't have to live a poor life because some people don't like the coloring of their coat. I've never wanted to kick someone out of my house more then her. So after she left i picked up my poor boy who i think he knew that she was here to look at him because he put on his best behaviour and went right up to her and rubbed up against the lady but then she said that and left. I have given him so many cuddles and kisses and told him it wasn't his fault just human's for not looking his color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I have an orange and white one...have almost always had an orange cat...I honestly never knew there was a bias against them, its so sad

Our local shelter is full of black dogs right now as well as cats (they will not adopt out black pets during october, its a law here) I will never understand the whole color being a factor...but I guess if people saw me they would think I liked blond/red/orange colors lol 2 red goldens, blonde cocker and the orange kitty (kinda looks redish lol) and then theres my baby Puppers whos mostly black...he looks like the odd man out lol...I will never understand getting a dog or cat based on the color of their fur...wierd to me

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Will It Ever Change?

i say we start a shelter of just orange cats and black dogs. 24-7 halloween! lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yes it is sad, I am actually glad she had said no to him as i probably wouldn't of given him to her anyways since i hate people who act a bit snobby like yes i am quite young but i've had animals all my life and it was like this lady never had an animal in her life she didn't bother even stepping foot into our house and didn't bend down to pet conan and petted him twice and that was about it and then made her claim that he wasn't the cat she was looking for.Mine is too. We've got this cute little black cat is all yellow eyes that is all you see in the humane society and have a couple of orange cat's and hopefully they don't foster them out either during the month of october but if they did i really hope they find the best families for them and the hopefully they aren't only wanted just because it is halloween that's just not fair to any animal. I've got a rainbow color of animals-one is black and white, one is dark brown,white and tan, my orange boy, my ruddy colored aby and my tan colored mixed pup. Yes i saw your golden's they are absolutley adorable my mom has a 10 year old golden ex-show dog that has had 5 litter and they were completely adorable same with a cocker spaniel but he was also a tan color. Some people are worse when it comes to the color of their animals like the lady who had wanted my 7 month old calico colored female just because of how she looked.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Will It Ever Change?

it's just a petty and materialistic outlook on things. unfortunately there are many people like that. i find i just have to ignore them or it ruins my day. i always say, i don't have an anger problem...i have an idiot problem

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

when my mom called the shelter to see if they had any puppies when i got mine the lady said yes we do, but he is black.

so? he's the cutest little pup ever (not so little anymore at 65-75 lbs)

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Betta Bomb

i knew about the bias,it bugs me....my own mother wont even pet the stray orange that hangs around the house although he is almost more affectionate than her precious dilute calico Mama. *rolls eyes*
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
i say we start a shelter of just orange cats and black dogs. 24-7 halloween! lol
lol i love that idea!!! every place should just have a shelter for orange and black cats
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
it's just a petty and materialistic outlook on things. unfortunately there are many people like that. i find i just have to ignore them or it ruins my day. i always say, i don't have an anger problem...i have an idiot problem
I am one very relaxed person but when it comes to certain things like the color of a coat on a cat i get very annoyed and that's when i hug one of my animals and then get kisses from them then i am happy. That is why i am not impressed with the way the human race has turned out to be like first it was the color of someone's skin and now it's moving to these poor animal's that nobody want's because of their color.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
when my mom called the shelter to see if they had any puppies when i got mine the lady said yes we do, but he is black.

so? he's the cutest little pup ever (not so little anymore at 65-75 lbs)
That makes it all the better. I would foster an orange puppy if they had any.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Betta Bomb

i dont think orange pups are as common as orange cats?? maybe im wrong..blonde and tan color varieties?
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
i knew about the bias,it bugs me....my own mother wont even pet the stray orange that hangs around the house although he is almost more affectionate than her precious dilute calico Mama. *rolls eyes*
I try and pet any stray that i see that is friendly. Some people hate petting strays just because they think they will attack them which is not always the case any stray i have seen has been so sweet and most likely had a family but thought it would be better just to dump it then take it to a humane society. I use to foster a little orange runt female looked no more the 4 weeks old and gave her away to a pretty nice family that didn't care about the color of her coat but just about the cuteness of her since she only fit in your one had and also fostered her black brother and they were two of the littlest but sweetest kittens i've known. I see some people only taking any type of kitten just because they are cute then get rid of them later.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
i dont think orange pups are as common as orange cats?? maybe im wrong..blonde and tan color varieties?
Yeah i don't think there is but would be awesome if they had orange dogs.

Tags
biast people, my poor foster cat, orange cats