Our Exciting Day - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Cool Our Exciting Day

Today we took baby girl to the vets to have her rabies shot, and some other shot, and to have her nails trimmed. (I don't have the coordination to trim them, I would cut to low and have her bleed).

As soon as "mommy and daddy" were up it seemed like she knew what was up because she was acting even more nuts then usual. As soon as the pet carrier came out she went nuts. Everytime one of us walked near her she took off, but with a treat bribe she climbed right in. She let us know how p*ssed she was the whole way there (2 blocks down lol).

With the doctor she behaved-squirmed a little for the second shot. Apperently the vet was short of help (one of the nurses had to take her own daughter to the hospital)and the girl who came in to trim the cats nails was miserable! I know what it is like to be short handed but everytime the cat squirmed she snapped. I was so mad! What did she expect? The cat had already endured her share of pain/scariness, did she expect her to lie still and stick her paw out for a manicure? I just felt her catside manor(like bedside hahaha) manor could have been a tad more sunshiney.

Since she came home baby Girl has been tired and mad, kind of pouting but still wanting some lovin'. Just thought I'd let you know how our vet visit went!

Oh and baby Girl went from 1.98 pounds on June 24-to 7.2 pounds today! Yikes! But the doctor said she was a healthy beautiful cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Ah, the joys of kitty holding a grudge. Gotta love cats!

Wow! She sure is growing, Good job mommy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

oh, and did you mention to the vet that his help needs an attitude adjustment?

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 08:33 PM

Thanks for sharing. I love the moods our animals display . She will forgive you eventually with enough treats and attention.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Since we have been home, she has been getting better.

Scarlette-I said sometjhing to the nurse who weighed and took B.G.'s tempature was pleasant, when we were leaving I said, Is the other girl having a rough day or what? And she gave me a look like she understood, I wonder if they had complaints or if that girl just doesn't like cats.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Akasha

awww poor kitty. I'm not looking forward to taking my gliders to the vets for an annual check up. one bites any the other is a climbs everything!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:04 AM
Princess in Waiting

The girl was probably not happy because they were short-handed - no matter what the reason. Or maybe she doesn't like cats. But when dealing with cats it is much better to start out with only one person (or as few as possible) then add help because the more people they have on them the worse they are - and this girl could have obviously used some help! Baby Girl sensed her resentment obviously.

Oh, can't they pout and carry on when you get them home? I used to have cats that would wail and moan all the way to the vet then all the way back home. Cats are funny little critters with very distinct personalities!

Glad she's growing to be a big girl now. Seven pounds is a fairly small cat - but mine have always been in the 15-20 pound range (and people ask How do you get such big cats? I tell them to look at me!)

Good luck with her. Hope the next visit isn't quite so traumatic.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

I was holding Baby Girl!

My Mom has Monster cats, my Aunt Dee Dee's cat looks like catzilla next to baby Girl!

I just feel like no matter how miserable I am, I never take it out on my customers but then again as a manager or a waitress I am depending on their business and their tips, and she doesn't have to care one way or the other, even though she should.

Today I decided to teach her to sit. So far I have said sit, pushed on her butt, she sat, and I gave her a treat. Ray says he sits all night but I don't give him any treats!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:22 AM

Ahh poor Ray. You should give him a kitty treat for his good behavior.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 03:34 PM

Wow, it sounds like she's getting big fast! I think it's time for some updated pics!!

And kitty treats for Ray too, tell him he has to do people tricks for people treats, lol
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Princess in Waiting

You have the same work theory I do, Cap'n. The people in KY were such SNOBS I could hardly stand it. So when I started to work I made it my mission to treat the people who came in my clinic the way I would want to be treated. Worked pretty darn well, if I must say so myself. Made some pretty good friends that way and met some really interesting characters.

Feel the love ~

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Tags
poor kitty