Our worst fears were confirmed today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Our worst fears were confirmed today

I am have no time for people to be rude and tell me that i am wrong about what breed she is i do not care about that so if people are still going to insist on being rude DO NOT read this. Well our worst fears were confirmed at 2:45 today that she was indeed pregnant and indeed have one(we think male kitten) kitten today on our spare bed. So i am really not in the mood to deal with rude people today with the crap that just went on and us being lied too by this lady who said she was a vet assistant and all this other crap. We have no idea actually how many litters she has had as she had only 1 kitten but i immediatley called the vet and she told me to keep a very watchful eye on her to see if she was going to have anymore. So far there is only one that seems to be ok though we have felt her belly but didnt feel like there were anymore though she was panting so we are going to keep a watchful eye on her 24/7 tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats?!?! I am not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Since I don't agree with any cat breeding although I know it was the person you her froms fault.

Be sure to post pictures.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I am not rightly sure if its a good thing or a bad thing but i know this little kitten will get the best of everything specially with how the mom was treated and since we do not know if the father was her brother. Yes i would not intentionally breed a cat specially if i do not know 100 percent what the breed is only if i was a licensed and registered cattery then i may consider it not just because we can breed. I will he or she looks quite cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh wow! What a horrible situation!! I can't believe a so-called vet assistant has given you such headache!! I hope everything goes well for you and the kitties!! Keep us posted!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I will i hope everything turns out for the best. I am really tempted to call her up and tell her what a liar she was an that she was pregnant. I wish you could sue people for this but animals are never really a priority for people. Not even when my dog got stolen and the police did crap all to help us but i was happy that he had gotten away and ran into someone who turned him into the pound.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

Good luck with the kitten.
Are you going to keep it?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

we have yet to know if we will or try and find the best home for him.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm glad that at least she only got one! and that she got it with you and not that woman!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I am too i am glad that she will also be able to see my vet as soon as possible when she is able to get fixed and all her shots as with him when he is old enough to get his first sets of shots and fixed if we end up keeping him.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM

I hope that is all she had in her, if she was still panting she may be having trouble with labor. Good luck with the kitties and post pictures when you get them
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I wish you the best. I hate when people do that to others. I got 3 panda teddy hampsters not long ago and the 2 femaels died 3 days ago and the 1 male is still alive but not well. My vet told me to just make him comfy becuase when I decribed what was going on with them she siad that they are or were proably old and the young one picked up something. Although they were not very healthy when I got them looks starved. with in a 5 days the 2 females went. if she is a small cat she can have 1 to 3 kittnes my cat had 3 her 1st litter with one sirveiver and the 2nd litter 3 all went to good homes. She is now fixed.
Like MaiasmomJK siad she coudl be still in labor. I know my I thought was but it was the after birhtstuff she finished pushing out. Good luck. I would et ahold of that person that you got her from and give you a peace of your mind.
Diamond
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yes she only had 1 little male kitten who i named solo. Here are a couple pictures of bella and little solo at just a couple days old and now he is 9 days old.

I will put some newer pictures up of him tomorrow.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Aww that is sad i hope your little male makes it through and gets healthy. Yeah she was is a pretty small cat. We just took them both for a check up and she is 8.5kg(which our vet said she shouldnt put anymore weight on) poor girl also had horrible ear mites(we actually got to see what the mites looked like was pretty gross but really cool at the same time) though they are both very healthy(they checked solo too) the vet couldnt check her heart rate since bella was purring so much which was pretty funny. She will get fixed and her shots as soon as she is done nursing solo and same with solo when he is old enough to get his first shots he will and will get fixed before he leaves our home since apparently he can get neutered before 16 weeks old which is good since i dont want what happened to his mom have happen to him where he is used as a stud which is not the life i want for him.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:49 AM
RAT ADDICT

Cute! And I think Solo is a great name.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Hello Earthling

He is a cutie

Tags
bella, kitten