Peep and stink Update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Peep and stink Update

It's been a while since I updated about our 2 baby badnesses. Both are doing great! We went to the vet about 6-8 weeks ago for routine shots. Peep weighed 12 pounds and was very healthy, but Stink (The cat I tried to name Baby Girl) was overweight. Right now we are mixing Iams Lamb and Rice with Iams weightloss/hairball remedy. It has only been 6 weeks and Baby Girl's face is thinner and her butt is a tiny bit smaller (mine is growing for the whole family right now). She looks younger with just the tiny bit a weight she lost so far! She still has her fat saddle bags though!

I asked about their coats being dry if we needed a better food or a supplement and she said both have very shiny healthy coats, that their dandruff is caused by climate. Peep has taken to the new upped brush schedule, Stink runs like the wind.

Ray has passed that 'I'm too embarassed to talk to the cats in a funny voice around other people stage" and it is now to the point where I am almost emberassed for him. But it's cute!

Last night we had an adventure, which I will explain in a minute, but during the adventure, I asked Ray, "Where was Stink at while this was going on?" His reply: "She was upstairs PLAYING Madden on Playstation WITH him." She wasn't sitting with him while he played, no she was playing as well.

The big adventure involves our screen door, which provides endless hours of Cat TV. They sit there all day if the door is open. Last night while Baby Girl was dominating Ray in a brutal Madden match, Peep was down at the door..............with 2 cats from outside. Ray thought he heard something funny, and when he got to the top of our steps, he saw Peep sitting there while a cat rubbed all over our screen door, and onto Peep a bit through the screen. Another cat was sitting on the top step.

Peep is the scaredy cat! He is fixed, but geez, the ladies are flocking to the house for Peep the Pimp! I cannot believe he didn't run away! Ray said Peep is just like him, he sits around looking tired, and the ladies just come to him, he is irrisistable. (He is saying that because maybe I did stalk him a bit in college)

But the drama didn't end there. When the Supreme Ruler of Elm Street came downstairs and caught wiff of other cats, she started growling, especially at Peep. Peep kept going up to her as if to say "see psycho it is just me" but her tail got fat and I was worried she'd hit him. She was jumpy and alert for like 2 hours after it was all said and done. I had my feet on the coffee table, I pulled them down, she jumped a mile!

I worry about how the cats will react to the baby, I imagine Peep will be terrified, and Stink will be jealous at first, but both will come around. But i worry about them feeling neglected. They are our kids. I lay in bed worry about this, like I am the first person to ever bring a baby home. I am sure they will be fine.

If you read all of this, wow, thanks! I really rambeled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Capn - I am picturing the cats coming to visit the screen door! And Ray talking in high pitch falsetto to the cats! He's getting ready for baby-talk I think!!

One thing I have always had no matter what is cats! I had cats when I brought each one of my kids home from the hospital. I kept a close eye and while holding the baby let the cats sniff the baby's head and clothing... they'd always lose interest very quickly and I never, ever had any trouble introducing either new cat or new baby to the mix.

Yep, you'll be really focused on the baby, but as long as you pay attention to the cats - which of course you will - you'll be amazed at how quickly they adjust to the new kid in the family. You have 2 cats and that alone makes the entire process easier - they always have each other - no matter how they get along, and even when the dynamics change - they'll still always have you - cats are very flexible.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Linda! I apreciate it. Thanks for reading the whole drama.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww Nicole!!! How cute! I am picturing the whole scenario, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnsweets
"She was upstairs PLAYING Madden on Playstation WITH him."
Awww! That is so cute!
I'm glad to hear they are doing well! And I'm glad Stink is liking the new food, too! I know they are going to love Bean!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:36 PM

I'm loving your stories!! LMAO, Ray is such a trip... And looks like your cat's a pimp. He better be paying you rent if he's collecting money from those kitties in your neighborhood for his services.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

I know! He keeps running downstairs and checking the door, then running back up to be petted. Today when I was brushing him I asked him is he was trying to look good for his ladies.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 12:10 AM

I love your kittie stories! Yours make mine seem almost normal

My friend has two cats and had a baby and didn't even really do anything to acclimate them. They had no problems what so ever and the cats are even more outgoing, affectionate and playful now, go figure.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Cute story!

Rhonda

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:07 AM

Usually, cats are very protective of babies. I was breeding cats when my first son was born and the cats saw my son as one of their own. One of my girls even was caught grooming my son as he lay on the floor! The only thing you have to watch out for is a kitty who wants to sleep with the baby. One of my mommy cats tried to sleep with my son on several ocassions and we eventually had to shut the bedroom door at night so that she wouldn't accidentally lay on him and smother him. My OB doctor says this can happen when a kitty becomes too attached, or just likes the warmth of the baby.

I've only had one kitty get jealous of my kids, and that was "Socks". She was a very territorial animal (much like Stink) and she wouldn't stop growling at my youngest son when he came home. We eventually had to adopt her to a new home because she began attacking him as he crawled across the floor. I have to admit that Socks was a very rare kitty, but we could see the warning signs loudly and clearly from way before my son was born. She was a one person cat who didn't like strangers and she wasn't very affectionate to begin with. If another cat came near the house or we kept a kitten from a litter we had birthed, the fight was on! Most of my cats stayed away from Socks because she was so volitile.

I can't imagine that you will have the same problem with Peep, but be careful of Stink when you aren't around just in case she starts competing. My girl kitties occasionally compete with me for my husband's attention (it's weird how they know he's a male??) and sometimes my girls and I go head to head much like best friends do during that time of the month. My one girl, Lucy, purposefully does things to upset me just to assert her female dominence. Cats are so funny!