Pickles and Strawberries - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Smile Pickles and Strawberries

No it's not some weird food craving Below is a picture of Pickles, she is our 10 week old baby, we've had her since she was 3 days old, she was found along with a sister and a brother they were seen by an american lady being tossed into a dumpster by 2 young italian boys when they were only a bout 3 days old. Both her brother and sister were adopted out, but we kept pickles because she grew dear to my heart. When she was about 2 weeks old she became very sick and was loosing weight drastically and not eating, it was a long haul but about 10 days after being on medication and being bottle fed about every 2 hours she began to put the weight on slowly and our bond became stronger. So now she has a permanent home with us. She loves to go out on the kitchen patio along with the other cats and kittens, and well since the birds ate all of our strawberries of the small little plant she has taken up using it for a bed even after it's just been watered, she is a strange little kitty So here is her picture that was taken 2 days ago.

Last edited by DirtySouthChins; 07-06-2004 at 02:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:46 AM

What a cute pic! She's a beautiful kitty. She has a cute name too! My Tiger and Pookie are dumpster kitties. They were about six weeks old when someone threw them away. I'm so glad that you were able to save Pickles!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Aweee Steph I'm glad you have 2 rescued dumpster babies of your own Yeah I had a long haul bottle feeding her, but it was so worth it
Pickles and I both thank you, she is a cutie that is for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
Yeah I had a long haul bottle feeding her, but it was so worth it
I think bottle feeding Galina and Gerona when I got them was one of the hardest and most exhausting things I had ever done.

But to see them open their eyes, grow, take their first steps, use the littler box for the first time ... it made every hour of sleep and time lost so worth it.

Kitties always seem to find the strangest places to sleep. Gerona will sleep in our shower sometimes (even when the floor is wet)!

Pickles is very cute and looks very content. It's nice she has a good home (and comfy bed to sleep in)!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

what an odd combo...pickles and strawberries.....
never tried that before.

how cute is that?!! i love her name!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihlaja
I think bottle feeding Galina and Gerona when I got them was one of the hardest and most exhausting things I had ever done.
I would have to agree that bottle feeding kittens is quite exhausting we have done 5 litters since April and I think we are finely at a resting point our latest bottle feeder is now being weaned....YEAH!!!!

Jane I've never tried pickles and strawberries either, but hey who knows maybe when Capn' starts getting weird cravings she might be able to let us know
Pickles got her name well cause she looked like a pickle she is my baby girl that is for sure
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:58 AM

awww Pickles is a cutie, she is a lucky little girl to have you and Darren

BTW Pickles and stawberries are good
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
BTW Pickles and stawberries are good
UGH!!! please tell me your joking? Ewwie Pewwie
Oh and Thanks for the great compliment
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
UGH!!! please tell me your joking? Ewwie Pewwie
Oh and Thanks for the great compliment
LMBO I was only kidding
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 05:51 PM

I love her markings Kim. Since you raised her at such a young age I am sure she thinks you really are her mom.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Sassy Phewww glad to know your j/k
Denise yeah that's what I'm thinking too, she is my snuggle bug that is for sure, and Darren get's so jealoussssss.......he knows that Pickles lover her momma
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 02:23 AM

That is such a sweet pic!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 02:40 AM

Aww..kitties DO find the strangest places to sleep. My first cat Baby used to prefer the funky half bathroom off the utility room...she just LOVED her purple porceilan (sp?) sink...(I told you the bathroom was funky...not gross, but a purple sink?) Anyway, you could turn the water on full blast and wash your hands and she wouldn't give up her sink. Strange kitty...
Pickles is adorable!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Mandie yes they do find the oddest places to sleep....... btw Thanks
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:44 PM

She is so cute. I don't have any strawberries at the moment (my fruit of the week is PLUMS) but now I will have to get the jar of baby pickles and feast!