Picky eater - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Picky eater

I don't have a big problem, but I was wondering how you guys handle picky eaters. My kitty tends to snub her dry food for the wet stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 11:28 PM

Have you tried mixing the dry with the wet? Are you trying to wean kitty of the wet food and just feed dry, or do you still want to feed both?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Planning to feed both, but primarily dry (to keep the tartar down). Mixing is just the thing I've been doing to help Kitty's not all that picky though. I was just curious how you guys did it, for future reference. I'll never know what kinda habits future kitty #2 might have.

Oh oh, something else without starting yet another new topic! Have any of you succeeded in teeth-brushing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 08:40 PM

Picky eating is not a problem with my troop. More like over-eating. LOL.

Teeth-brushing...can't say I've really tried. We got L'il and Galosh as adults, so forget trying to brush their teeth. With Wellington I haven't tried, but I've been trying to rub his toofers with my finger every so often just to get him used to the notion. I might try the brush sometime.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I just had my 9 year old at the vet and he said she had "beautiful clean" teeth. He seemed rather surprised that at her ripe old age her teeth were in such great shape. I have to admit - I've never given much though to my cat's teeth.
I've always just free fed a good quality dry food and given them cans as treats at night. I split one can between the three of them. I can never tell what variety or flavor they will gobble up - or snub I can always bet that one or two of them will like it
As far as being picky eaters? ugh, every cat I've ever lived with has had his or her little quirks or periods of being picky- sum it up in one word *cats*
They *do* eat when they are hungry!
I never even gave a thought to brushing their teeth- hrrm... I think I'd be road kill after trying to hold them down and mess around in their mouths!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Lee0923

I do the same thing Deja does, and I have a VERY picky eater!

I have a supply of Science Diet tartar control out all day for her to pick on. I settled on this food after my vet gave it to her as a sample to try (yes, I ended up going to the vet to make sure nothing was wrong, as she just stopped eating all together!)

She's not too thrilled with the Science Diet canned though. Her favorite canned is Whiskas. I figure as long as she has some good quality dry food, that the Whiskas will do as a treat.

Good luck with your kitties. BTW, I've never brushed my kitties teeth either!

Tags
dry food, wet food