Pics of my family... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pics of my family...

This is Paasan the ferret

Fluffy the cat

And Teddy...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwww! They are just precious, Desiree!!!! So cute and great pictures!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Very cute! Thanks for sharing them!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Cute! I think Fluffly is so beautiful!

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:10 PM

Awww, they are all gorgeous but Fluffy caught my eye
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks They are my little furbabyes...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

They are all beautiful Desire! Don't forget to tell us all about Paasan in the ferret section! I would love to hear more about him as well!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Will do!!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

What a bunch of cuties! I love Paasan, he is so cute!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Desire, Fluffly has blue eyes? That's really interesting--he isn't deaf is he?

I'm always interested in solid white cats and hereditary deafness (I have a solid white cat, who fortunately isn't deaf).

They really are cute babies! (And you're in Norway! Not that far from Finland! )

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

SHE!!! LOL...is deaf...blue beautiful eyes
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Hi Desiree, love the pics of your pets!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desire
SHE!!! LOL...is deaf...blue beautiful eyes
Hehehehe, ooops! I'll never make that mistake again!

She is very beautiful, though! And I admire you for being able to care for a deaf cat! Sami and I (well, mainly me) were considering on adopting a deaf cat, but decided it would be too stressful in our house for one to live peacefully here (at least an adult one).

Everyone wants to know if my Gerona is deaf, but because she was born with two very tiny grey streaks on her head, she isn't deaf. The small bit of colour that saved her (and now there is only a SINGLE tiny grey hair left). This makes me think there might be some Russian White in her background, since this is a trait common in that breed.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well...she is a indoor cat...and she feels very secure around us, Teddy and Pasan the ferret. Sometimes she is caught by suprise if someone sneaks up on her, but she is used to it. When we have guests or party's she LOVES saying Hello to everyone. She takes a round to each guest so they can pet her

Some thinks that it's stressfull with a deaf cat, but remember, she doesn't know better. She has always been like that, so she is using her other senses to compensate for her deafness.

So please don't let a deaf cat prevent you from adopting it...cause they are so sweet and tender. They will actually learn sign language, and learn that you want their attention when you knock on the floor(she feels the vibration)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 03:09 AM

I'll be sure to tell hubby that.

We were worried that a deaf cat might feel overwhelmed with his dog (it's a Samoyed) who DOES NOT like to leave cats alone. But, after reading what you wrote, to me it seems like it might be a possibility after all to bring a deaf cat into our home (of course it would have to adjust, but that goes with any adopted animal, deaf or no).

Thanks for giving me some insight on Fluffy! !

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
indoor cat, white cat