Pixie Bob - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Pixie Bob

My sister has a male pixie bob cat and lately he has been losing his hair on his stomach and on his pads. The dr's aren't sure what it is, they also think he might be allergic to something on the blanket my sister used to cover her orange tree with. Has anyone else ever seen this before.

He is the most gorgous cat i have ever seen he has a bobbed tail and on his back he is striped like a tabby and on his chest he is spotted and almost weighs 20 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:52 PM

He could very well be allergic to that blanket, or maybe his food. Did your sister change his diet recently? Is he overgrooming his belly area? One of my cats has a bald belly because he's an obsessive groomer. We've tried everything from diff foods to valium to hormone therapy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

My sister has kept them on the same diet i am sure. He also went through a phase where him and her other cat were fighting so much the needed to be locked in seperate rooms for a few days and got over it. He might be allergic to the blanket like u said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

My friend has a cat that loves to chew the fur off of her sides. The cat looks like she has a mohawk down her back. Then she'll groom the other cat until the top of it's head is bald!

I would keep a close eye on him and see if he's doing it to himself. If not, then my guess would be allergies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

i will tell her that. i have 3 kittens i am trying to fatten up. They are all 13 weeks old. i have a siamese mix, a black and silver tabby, and a black and white kitten who looks like she has patches hence her name Patches.