plsplsplsplspls help me!!!!potty problems - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

plsplsplsplspls help me!!!!potty problems

so i am having some serious problems with my male tabby. i adopted him from a shelter some years ago and when i first brought him home he was very well bathroom behaved other than he didnt cover his poo which didnt really bother me.....then we moved to a new home. for the first few weeks to months he was still great no bathroom problems. Then he started pooing right next to the box instead of in the box. he a pretty big cat so i got a bigger box thinking that was the problem. still did it. so i just kept picking it up but soon he started going in my dining room.i look some advice online and tried several things...making it "less desirable" to go there. tried some serious cleaning foil on the area all sorts of stuff which only lead to him going in my living room also. soon after he started occasionally peeing in those areas also. i dont know what makes him choose when to pee in or out of the box. tried new liters, adding more boxes to my house, and i clean it daily. i have gotten another cat since then and she always goes in the box despite harrys bad habits, shell even cover his stuff with things she finds around the house. we moved once more and he once again went n the box for a period of time at first and is now at it again. im at a complete loss at what to do. i refuse to get rid of him but cant deal with this anymore....so please help....oh and he does know better cuz he always cowers and runs after he does it even tho i never hit him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
laugh often

Maybe get more litter boxes and put them in his areas. Is he fixed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

yeah he is fixed. I tried more boxes before i even got my other cat but he would refuse to go in it and would freak if i set him in the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 PM
laugh often

did you change litter?

1 Cat- Luna
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

yep ive tried several different ones even the natural kinds.really the weirdest thing is when we move **** use the box for the first two months were there.....then just stop.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:56 AM
laugh often

hmm. i never encountered this before maybe someone else can help

1 Cat- Luna
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Has he gone to the vet lately just in case it's something medical?

My old cat started going to the bathroom in random spots, nothing we did helped at all. Her vet said it was probably from stress/anxiety. We tried a bunch of stuff to bring down her stress level including kitty anxiety drugs and she did eventually calm down and her litter box habits improved.

Tags
cats, litter box, potty problems