Poll: How do you bathe your cats? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

View Poll Results: How do you bathe your cats?
Are you crazy? My cat doesn't do baths! 4 26.67%
Let someone else do it! 1 6.67%
In the tub... with welding gloves and a hose! 4 26.67%
In the kitchen sink. 3 20.00%
In the tub with me. 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Poll: How do you bathe your cats?

When I first got Primus we did everything together; watch t.v., cook, sleep, etc... One of our favorite activities took place in the bathroom. When I would take a bath he would come in and make it as difficult as possible for me to read my book by laying on the dry area of my chest, sit on my knees, or lay on the top of my head. After a couple of months of him laying on my chest, knees, head, (take your pick) I decided that we would see how he liked getting in the tub as well. It turned out fine. He howled a little bit at first but would stand on the bottom of the tub and let me lather him up. That is how we have been doing the monthly (because of my allergies) bathings ever since. Hazel and Ainsley don't like it as much as Primus but they both tolerate it with very little ouchies on my part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:19 PM

We bathe our cats .... with skill! You need it, or they escape on you!

Some tips for those whose cats don't like bathing:
-fill the tub/sink before you bring the cat into the room.
-be prepared to get wet, very wet.
-remove all bathmats (ours got shredded when we put Blu in the tub)
-the more people the better!
-have someone ready with a HUGE towel and bundle them up so they can't move when you're done... or else you'll end up with a wet house!
-make sure your cat can handle loud noises before even considering using a hair dryer to dry them off! Again, you risk a wet house, and many scrapes otherwise!
-make sure you clean them very well, because if your cats are anything like ours, you'll wait as long as you can before giving them another bath!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:09 PM

Ha!!! My cats KNOW when they are about to get a bath. Once I tried to give Angel a bath in the shower with me ( I was in a hurry)...it didn't work. I give them a bath in the tub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

My cat really doesn't do baths, but sometimes I have to like if s he is playin in the dry tub and knocks a bottle of shampoo over and the shampoo gets on her. I do it in the sink or the tub, she's actually pretty easy, She just lays there and lets me, then I have to resesitate her after wards, ju st kidding, b ut she's pretty easy when she knows we have todo it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Gabby is pretty easy to bathe...she likes water and just walks around the water sniffing everything on the bathtub...she hates the blowdryer though...

Jade, Im not too positive...I dont think she likes water too much though...the last time I gave her a bath was when we got her and she was still pretty small and I could hold her in there with one hand...Its getting about time to bathe them again though...so I guess I will be finding out soon. Darn! Ha ha...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.