Poll: To test or not to test? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Poll: To test or not to test?

I'd like to have your opinion - I know there are different rational and emotional reasons to choose either way. If you had only one apparently healthy indoor cat and no possibility of contaminating other animals, would you still test him for FIV and FelV?

I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to post a proper poll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 11:42 AM

I would test. I would just want my mind at ease at the least. I would also want to know what to do to keep him/her living the happiest, healthiest and most comfortable life he/she could. Wouldn't you want to know if your cat was sick or not and be prepared if symptoms arise.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I would test. I like Dena would want to know if my kitty were sick or not so I could be prepared.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Miss New Booty

I agree with what Dena said, I would test as well.

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I would test.... We test all the cats/kittens that come into our house even the one's we have bottled fed since they were only a few hours old. It is always better to be safe than sorry

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'd test my kitty if he/she hadn't been vaccinated for it. I've tested all of my kitties before they were vaccinated because they were all strays.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I'd test.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Adolescent Pup

i would test just to know what the future would hold
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Newborn Pup

I'd definitely test. I'd need to know if my cat should or should not have contact with other cats and, if there was a sign of illness, I'd know how serious it could be.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 10:50 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I would definetly test... I've actually had two cats who have died from FIV.. Taylor was 8 1/2 and she was an indoor cat for the most part.. and then Kitty, she died at about 2 cause she got it from Taylor.. My cat Tobbie thank god didnt get it but i had him tested.. i say its definetly worth it cause we didnt know taylor had it until it was too late and there was nothing we could do for her

Tags
indoor cat