Poor Fjola - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Unhappy Poor Fjola

Well, after Fjola's last blood check, her levels were so bad that she was amazed she was not flat ((not moving &&dying)) but she was there in the kennel crying and wanting to go home.

She had been home and getting special food, medication and she had to give 100mls of special fluid as her kidneys were shutting down and could not take in water and gets dehydrated plus cannot have eat any protein.

Apparently, she crashed and went flat either that night, or the night after ((last Sunday was when she had the blood test)). The only thing that can be done is transfusion, but even then she would only be fine for about another month and then crash again...she could not put Fjola though that pain &&opted to do the humane thing and put her to sleep.

Stephanie is very sad about this, Fjola will be cremated, and she has her paw print, she took a picture of her paw as well so she is getting her paw print as a tattoo, which is crazy for her as she never wanted any tattoo's ever.

The next day she went into work,and there was a condolence flowers for her, signed by everyone in the Vet as everyone loved Fjola ((there and who knew her)). Which was sweet.

RIP FJOLA

This was one of the last pictures, as you can see she is very thin from the K.F.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Betta Bomb

oh my god!! what?? please send my condolences-i loved that girl,i didnt know anything was wrong! how does that happen to a kittie? she was so young for a cat! poor Jynx and the others must be torn.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Hmm, I dont know why they get it, maybe there was something wrong since birth, she was always really small for a adult cat, unlike Meko, she is tiny but she has her weight to make up for it. I think they know, the cats, as Steph probably came home alone and not to see her there must had made her sad. I am tearing up at the idea if it was me, coming home to a house by herself, and one less in there. To me I would take it hard.

She was ill for a good while now, few months, when she noticed something was wrong, blood test showed she was in kidney failure, so she kept her home as Fjola would not like it being at the vet. She was given everything possible, but she fought as best she could.

That Sunday, they were surprised from the test results she was in good spirits, walking and being silly. Any other cat would have been flat in that condition. And she of course did get worse. It is sad, last time saw her, she was fo frail, thin...she was able to put on a bit of weight, but that was the only good thing.

I think it is really hard for her now, I wish she would just tell me, I did not even know right away. I only noticed when I was going on her facebook and seen her status.

I will tell her you offered condolnence.

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Betta Bomb

thats terrible.....poor thing was always so frail,she liked to knead EVERYTHING! and she would squint at you in pleasure if it was your stomach she was kneading-she liked to run into the bathroom if she thought you would be getting a shower so she could have the chance to lick the water off your legs and stick her tiny frail body in the way if you tried to brush your teeth...*sigh* i cant believe she's gone,i mean i just gave my sad good-byes when i moved but to hear that she's gone gonereally sucks..Steph must be so upset,im still trying to wrap my head around it and i know how much Steph loves her pets and to hear she has to go home each day and count her cats and one will always be missing physically,Fjola will always be there spiritually b/c she was so dang adament to get all the attention in the room,let's rest knowing she's no longer in pain.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:46 AM
RAT ADDICT

R.I.P Fjola.
She was always a favorite of mine out of Steph's cats.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
thats terrible.....poor thing was always so frail,she liked to knead EVERYTHING! and she would squint at you in pleasure if it was your stomach she was kneading-she liked to run into the bathroom if she thought you would be getting a shower so she could have the chance to lick the water off your legs and stick her tiny frail body in the way if you tried to brush your teeth...*sigh* i cant believe she's gone,i mean i just gave my sad good-byes when i moved but to hear that she's gone gonereally sucks..Steph must be so upset,im still trying to wrap my head around it and i know how much Steph loves her pets and to hear she has to go home each day and count her cats and one will always be missing physically,Fjola will always be there spiritually b/c she was so dang adament to get all the attention in the room,let's rest knowing she's no longer in pain.
She was one of a kind!! I wish there was something I could do...but I cannot even think on how she must feel. it is good she is not in pain no more. I am really going to miss her!! Anyone lucky enough to have known her, was very lucky indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
R.I.P Fjola.
She was always a favorite of mine out of Steph's cats.
She was a sweet heart!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Will It Ever Change?

aww that's sad! *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Thanks!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして