Poor Hatchet - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Poor Hatchet

I just returned home to find a glue trap stuck to Hatchet's back foot!

I had a few glue traps in the kitchen cupboard,because we have had some wild mice.Nothing else worked to get rid of the mice.

Now I am AGAINST glue traps,but everything else I tried,didn't work! So I tried them as a last resort.Of course if I found a mouse I would release it.I truly am against these things and am a hypocrite for using them.But after this,I WILL NOT use them EVER again!

Anyway this is the FIRST time Hatchet got into the cupboards.

I panicked when I seen it on his foot and thought we had an emergency vet trip coming up.In my panic I poured "Palmolive" dish soap all over the trap and Hatchet's paw.Poor boy was scared to death and it probably hurt,but I gently pulled and because of all the dish soap it started coming loose.Hatchet then started freaking out,so I had to scruff him and after some more gentle tugging,the trap came off.To my relief! Hatchet was a good sport for the most part tho.Was even purring abit.

Poor Hatchet is now scared a little,but otherwise fine.I checked his paw and it is not cut open or anything.There is just abit of soap there,which I am gonna wash off now in a moment.My poor boy.

This was a close call and so I threw ALL of the glue traps out.I wrapped them in like 3 bags and then threw them out.And I will never use them again.I don't care if there are wild mice around,as long as my babies don't get hurt.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow that's nuts! i'm really glad you were able to get the trap off his foot safely. i'm sure he was scared! poor guy!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww poor Hatchet i am glad he is ok. Can you not get those spring loaded traps for the wild mice? When they walk in for the bait the door shuts behind them and then you can just take them out and release them elsewhere?? xxx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

awww poor baby glad to hear he is ok. How are you doing?? I have never used those things of course I have never had a mouse problem. Kramer gets into the cabnets all the time

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Hatchet is good,thankfully.NO pain or injury,fortunatly.And there are NO traps in this house now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazsamps View Post
Aww poor Hatchet i am glad he is ok. Can you not get those spring loaded traps for the wild mice? When they walk in for the bait the door shuts behind them and then you can just take them out and release them elsewhere?? xxx

Not here.
Trust me,I searched everywhere for the humane traps before moving onto the snap traps (which never worked).I WILL NOT use poison and while I am against glue traps,I got them as a last resort.However I got some fright today and aint having them around anymore.I know that if a mouse got stuck,I would feel sooo bad...so I threw them all out anyway.

Someone just suggested spearmint to me...so if there are anymore signs of mice,I am gonna try that.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *