Poor Kramer - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

Unhappy Poor Kramer

Yesterday Kramer went into the vet's office for a teeth cleaning, no big deal, my moms cats Data and Alex went as well. We knew going in that Data had to have some of his teeth pulled. He has some auto immune disease so his body is attacking his teeth, same goes for poor Alex, she had to have 12 of her teeth pulled yesterday and the vet said that she will eventually have to have the rest pulled as well. Kramer had the healthier looking mouth Saturday when they went for their physicals and shots.

We got a call from the Vet while she was cleaning Kramers teeth. She was calling us to tell us that Kramer had 4 teeth that needed to be pulled cause they were getting reabsorbed. We gave the go ahead and Kramer got the teeth pulled. They were the teeth right behind his fangs so there is a hole behind all 4 of his fangs.

I had asked the vet on Saturday about changing Kramers food from kitten chow to something else cause he hadn't been eating any of his dry food,just the wet. I figured it was because he didn't like the dry food anymore. He had also lost about a pound so that wasn't good. She said yes try him on Iams. So Saturday Richard and I went to the store got him the new food and switched him over. He ate some of it so I figured yay he likes it.

So mom and I go pick up the cats at 7pm last night, they stayed open that late just for us cause they had, a few emergancys come in and had to put off doing Alex and data's teeth till after noon for Alex and poor Data didn't go in till 3. Anyways I asked the vet if Kramers teeth that were removed were the reason he wasn't touching his dry food and only eating his wet. She said that yes, that those teeth had been painfull for him. That, that was why he was only eating the wet food and why he had lost that pound.

I feel like a bad pet owner because I didn't realize that he was having teeth problems! I had noticed he wasn't eating his dry food all that much but he was eating his wet food, he has always loved his wet food more but eats the dry as well. Then all of a sudden the dry food stayed at the same level and never went down. I noticed this a week before his first visit to the vet. My poor baby was in pain and I didn't know

So I have to give kramer nothing but wet food for the next 5 days, along with pain killers for the next 5 days and antibiotics for the next 2 weeks. He seems like he is back to his normal healthy self. I wonder if him biting me a lot this last couple of months was him trying to tell me that his mouth hurt.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Punxatawny; 02-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 PM
can't think of one, help

Could be that he was biting because his mouth hurt, but don['t beat yourself up. He's better now and will forgive you. Tuna water might help too. Glad he's better

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

the poor sweety...I don't think he or anyone else thinks your a bad mom, sometimes our fur babies are so well at hiding the pain and problems, hes on the road to recovery now Give the sweety a big love from me

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Your a great pet mom. Who knows maybe he was biting you cause you annoyed him. glad he is back to his normal self

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

Thanks guys! He is better than his normal self and I am liking it so far. He is much more loving then he has been, so I truely do think the increase in biting was him telling me he was in pain so I should be in pain too. He is reminding me of when we first brought him home back in 2002, its such a nice change.

Stephanie

check out my blog:

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

YAY glad to hear our little kramer is getting better. there is a huge chance he was bitting u trying to let you know he was in pain. some times it is really hard to figure out whatis up with the fur babies so don't beat ur self up.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

how will your mom's poor cats eat with no teeth....poor guys..I feel so bad for them, how old are they?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

Cats can eat with out teeth, they can eat dry and wet food. Data is only 2 and Alex is 4 or 5. Kramer is 7 or 8. all the cats are doing well.

Stephanie

check out my blog:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 PM

yay theyre all doing better. i love you Kramer.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I am allergic to maths

Awww punxatawny, Kramer loves you no matter what, you his mommy!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

Aww, Im glad he's doing ok.

he'll get over the teeth thing ; )

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Betta Bomb

Hahahaha!! that post above by Vanilla is mine-i forgot to log out of her account!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Buffalokisser

no worries Amanda. Kramer has forgiven me as long as he doesn't see his cat carrier he is good, but if he spots it he runs and hides for a few hours. I put it up where he won't see it now so all is well with him.

Stephanie

check out my blog:

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
RAT ADDICT

Silly Amanda! Guess that is what happens when I don't have a home puter,eh?
Anyway Steph - I am glad Kramer seems to be doing better!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh I am sure you are great cat mom!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Tags
pulling teeth, teeth cleaning, vet