Powerless - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Unhappy Powerless

For about a week now, Chris has been telling me about an orange and white kitty with a hurt leg in our complex. I had some cat food samples here and told him to try to lure him in but he won't come anywhere near us.

I saw him for the first time last night and just felt so bad for him! He wouldn't let me get within 15 feet of him before darting off into the trees again. I'd pick up a humane trap but I doubt he'd even be the slightest bit fooled. I hate not being able to help him!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 03:22 PM

Awww, I know how you feel. I assume he doesn't have a collar on... Poor little buddy. Little does he know you just want to help him! If you have the humane trap it might be worth a try.

I hope you are able to help him! Good luck.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I don't have one, I'd have to go buy one. That and there are probably 10+ strays in this area. With my luck I'd catch the wrong kitty.

You don't know of anywhere in the area I could rent one, do you?

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thats great you are trying to help him...just dont let him bite ya! Ha ha...its sad that he has an injury! Do you think he is a stray, or someones lost baby?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 05:11 PM

One of my co-workers has one I think. I'm pretty sure they used it to trap a Racoon last year. I can see if he still has it. I'll ask him on Monday. Don't let me forget Steph, I'll probably forget by tonight!

I've seen them at Southern States and also Tractor Supply and maybe even Lowes. Do you have either of the first two stores in Meck Cty? I bet you do. Otherwise I think Mooresville will be the closest one to you. But I don't know if they rent.

You're right, Murphy's Law would kick in and you'll catch the wrong one! LOL
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

One of the girls here at work has access to one, I'm going to try to go that route. It's worth a shot, even if we can just get him some pain meds as a good sam.

I think he's almost definitely a stray. None of the cats on the complex will come anywhere near people.

I think I need to do something about that too; maybe talk to managment and see if we can implement some sort of neuter/release program or something. Any ideas on how to approach that?

Stephanie

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm also going to give these folks a call - hopefully they can be of some help!

http://www.friendsofferalfelines.org/about_fff_main.htm

Stephanie

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 09:59 PM

Are there any rescue organizations in your area? That Friends of Feral Felines is a good start. Over here in our area we have several orgs that do cat rescue. Poor thing. Hope you catch him/her.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 10:24 AM

Wow Jade, sounds like a great organization! I would definitely give them a call! How on earth do you always find such great resources??
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 07:57 PM

Jade, my humane society rents the traps, if nothing else works, try calling yours!

Tags
cat food, humane society