pregnant cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

pregnant cat

hi, my cat, skeeter, is pregnant, i think she is very close to birth becasue i can see the kits moving inside her and i think she has milk now. im not sure exactly how many weeks she has been pregnant but i know she will have them very soon. this is her first (and last) time, and i think she is only going to have 2, or 3 at most. how do i know when she will be about to have her kittens? and the fater is her brother (it was an ACCIDENT, my sisters fault), so will this seriously affect the kittens, beside things like extra toes?ive already found a home for one f them. is there any other info you can give me? thankx =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 AM

The only info i can give is get her fixed as soon as you can after those babies!
Also generally as far as inbreeding goes, first generations tend to be ok, and normal, it's after that you have to worry, so just be sure that if any kittens go home with litter mates, they get spayed and neutered. (I'm in the same position, I have a male degu who mated with his sister AND mother because the people we got them from a month ago told us they were ALL female...little did we know...)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 AM
RAT ADDICT

I would get both her and the male fixed ASAP.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

we will get her spayed, but her brother doesnt live with us, he was my sisters friend, but they gave him to the humane society =[
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 03:24 PM

they should be fine my cat i got her a month ago with her brother and they were inside their whole life and he was the only male cat and Ding-Dong kittens are here all are fine she had a HUGE litter though she only weighs 7lbs and she had 11 kittens she is tiny too like her body frame.i have been bottle feeding soem of them she is a reg bangel and so is her brother by the way but they are all fine so dont worry much i will give yahll some pictures of her if yahll want

Tags
humane society, litter mates, male cat