Problem with Fable Again! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Question Problem with Fable Again!

Does anyone else get electric shocks when they stroke or pick up their cat, it's really weird!

Fable looking very long, doesn't he have a cute, fluffy belly?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
SwC

Yes it's due to static electricity. I occasionally take a fabric softner sheet and just dust my gal off a bit with it after brushing her. Not only does it cut down on the "shocks" but helps alot with the shedding. Sticks to her and her brush rather than the furniture.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I haven't, but my grandma gets shocked when she pets her cat every once in awhile...she swears the cat drags its paws all around saving up the static electricity just to get her lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I think this is actually something pretty common in the winter time (at least it is here in Finland, because things are so dry).

I don't really have any advice on stopping it (no fabric softener sheets here), but yes--WE get shocked all the time from touching each other.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Miss New Booty

Yup, that sometimes happens when I am petting my cats, too. Fable is too cute!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I don't think we have fabric softener sheets here either but it's good to know that other people have this problem and it's not just me and Fable constantly shocking each other!

Oh and the air is very dry over here at the moment so that can't help.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikklegem
Oh and the air is very dry over here at the moment so that can't help.
Nope, makes it MUCH worse! And, if you have radiators as your main source of heating, that just INTENSIFIES it! Makes you miss summer even more, hehe!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Playful Pup

I have the same problem every winter! It scares the cats, but won't harm them. It is static electricity

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

It hasn't been as bad for the last few days and it's supposed to rain soon which may help.

I'm always getting shocks when I walk up the stairs in shops and hold onto the metal railings and banisters. I'm starting to get a phobia about it!!