psycho bi-polar cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

psycho bi-polar cat

My parents have an out door bi-polar cat, they call her "fluffy" although she isn't long haired or very fluffy... but anyway fluffy is her name and she is about a year old.

i was pet sitting this weekend and decided to tame her a bit more and she likes me sits there purrs, and then ATTACK, then purrs, then runs away, then, runs at you attacking.

i don't think she is hurting at all, as you don't have to be touching her and she lets you pet her all over

she does this to the dog too comes up to him, like she is going to rub up on him, then attacks and sticks to his side like velcro. then she jumps down and rubs up on him and is ready to attack again.

so we decided she is psycho, but cute.

we were walking and i was carrying her and she was purring and gripping my hands with her paws like cats do then attacked my face!! she made 2 little scratches on my chin but i don't think she really tried to use her claws much.

i'd like to take her here but she really might be psycho

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Part of the Pack

I knew a very nice female cat who did that sort of thing, but she only acted that way if she really liked the person petting her. Most people would pet her and she would purr and sit without moving. (She was a friend's.) If I went over, she would sit, then climb in my lap, then follow me wherever I went, sometimes attacking like you describe.

It seemed to be about wanting the attention and acting up to get more. It isn't good to be scratched. I never got any real marks, but I had to watch her and stop her if she got too out of hand.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...I have met cats like that.
One minute,they are loving the attention and rubs and being pet and then the next,they attack!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *