Pulling fur and throwing up... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

Pulling fur and throwing up...

argh... callie's cleaning herself excessively again, pulling out more fur and now has been throwing up a little bit. just a little, and it does have fur in it. I'm trying to brush her more but she is purposely pulling the fur out. I'm going to contact my vet if she doesn't stop it any time soon... any suggestions on how to keep her from doing this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 12:55 PM

She may be licking more due to shedding more because of the warmer weather. Along with brushing you might want to try wiping her down with a damp wash cloth (grabs a lot more hair than just brushing alone). Have you been giving her anything like Petromalt or hairball remedy? I hate to sound cruel but with my cats I don't put it nicely on their paws I scruff them and shove it in their mouths. Its really not as barbaric as it sounds but they don't normally like it and this way I definitely know that they are swallowing it and it works much better that way.

I'm sure your vet will know better than me.