Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

question?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nikko 
#1 ·
Before I get flamed the vet is out of town for the night and we don't have an E-vet here...We found a cat outside that appears to have a broken or dislocated jaw. Now correct me if I'm wrong but if it's broken they wouldn't try to eat or drink anything right? This kitten is eating and drinking fine but his lower jaw is cocked off to the side and he cannot close his mouth all the way. Now we've ran ino this problem before in the past with a dog that got hit by a car, vet showed us exactly how to relocate the jaw in case of ever having an emergancy like this because we almost didn't get to him before because he was getting ready to head out and birth a horse.

SO...my question is...does it sound like it's dislocated or broke? He still moves it, eats and drinks but it looks very uncomfortable. He screams at you if you even go near it. So I'm just wanting opinions until I can get little one to the vet...

#2 ·
If he still eats and drinks.. maybe you should leave it alone? i think it really needs to goto a vet. but if thats not possible, maybe it would be best to leave it be.. do you have a crate you can put it in over night? I seriously would NOT try to fix it yourself.. you could really hurt it and make things worse..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.