Question For Cat People - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Question Question For Cat People

Has anyone ever used Soft Paws??

http://www.softpaws.com/default.htm

If you have--did they work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 07:21 PM

I haven't but I know others who have! They say they worked great!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

My friend Deb uses them on her cat and her cat breaks them off all the time. I'm to much of a chicken to try to put them on Kramer I might loose an arm or leg

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 04:01 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I agree with Punx - I don't know if I could get any of my kitties to stay still (read: hold them down to apply them) without scratching me to bloody bits!

My sister has tried them - she said they were a pain in the buttockal region to get them on- and again- What Punx said - her cat chewed them off... They do look like something that would be *great* though.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 04:06 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

OMG! I have a blinkie in my sig!!

I just noticed it when I posted!! !!

Was that you Jade!??
Thank you , thank you !! And how totally appropriate!!!! You're the best!!

[center]

[
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2003, 09:45 AM

Soft Paws

The trick to using soft paws and having them stay on is to trim the cat's nails first, (better if you have two people, one to hold and one to apply the caps) then fill the cap half full with the glue that is included in the kit, and put the cap on as far as it will go. Fill each one just before applying it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 06:22 PM

Hey Bev, did you get them? Have you put them on yet? How do they work?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 08:08 AM

I have to say that's the silliest idea I have heard in a long time... I clip my cats' claws 2-3 times a month and fortunately they only scratch their scratching poles and trees.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 09:11 PM

I have put soft paws on cats almost daily since they came out, up until the last few years when I went work for an animal orthopedic surgeon. We don't carry any of the products a general practice does. I would have to say about 80% of them are affective. It depends a lot on the cats personality and tolerance level. As Phoenix stated it's best to clip the nails short first. Just turn the nail sideways and you will be able to see the vein in there. The vein comes to a point like the nail. Cut just below the vein. Leaving at least 1/4 inch of nail below the vein. The glue that comes with them has been improved in recent years but we continued to use super glue at our clinic (before I went into specialty medicine that is) as it dries faster and lasts longer. As the nail grows out the soft paw will eventually fall off. They even come in silly colors now. As a vet tech I don't recommend declawing unless it comes down to the cat, or the furniture. I am against the surgery as it is cruel but it's better than moving the cat to a new home or an even worse scenario. If you opt for declawing try to find a vet that does it with laser as opposed to the old fashioned way. The feet heal much, much faster. As the laser cuts off (basically the end of the toe) it also clots to blood. Thus no pressure bandages needed and faster healing. Good luck, Denise
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I have never tried these, because Gabby was declawed when she was a kitten, but I would say they are worth a try.

Tags
vet tech