Quit scratching my rug! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Angry Quit scratching my rug!

Aaarrrggghhhh! I want to spank Galina's sassy little hiney for scratching my rug!

She has TWO cat scratchers in this house, one in the living room and one in the hallway. The rug she likes to scratch is the one in the hallway. She is RIGHT BY the cat scratcher when she goes at my rug!

And what makes me even more mad is the fact she almost ALWAYS waits for me to go to the bathroom before she starts scratching at the rug. I'm not joking! She passes by the bathroom, peeks through the crack in the door to see that I'm there and then goes to scratching at the rug! She knows I can't rush up to get the squirt bottle if I'm on the toilet. Sometimes I think she's just too smart for a kitty!

Bad kitten! I'm soooo tempted to buy her some softpaws when I go to America. Teach her to scratch my rug when she has a perfectly good cat scratcher RIGHT BESIDE IT!

Oi ... Does anyone else have a bad little kitten like this one?

Thank goodness I have tough rugs that can handle kitty claws ...

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My cat scratches the rug when he needs to go out for a wee.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

charlie does this too! ugh! try going into the bathroom when you don't have to "go" and wait in there with the water bottle. when she does it, get her! trick him!

you must outsmart the cat, rowan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

She sees the water bottle and doesn't scratch, Jane!

I told you she was clever!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

dude dude dude....hide it in the bathroom the night before where she can't see it. then BUST it out! hahahahahahaha!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:20 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Is the rug on the floor the same as the rug on her scratching post? Our cats would much rather scratch on the berber than on regular carpet (on their post). We used a scrap from the carpet installation and stapled it onto one of their posts...it's probably the most used piece.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Actually, the fabric is really similar. I think the scratching post fabric is a little less tightly knit, though.

Maybe she just doesn't like the colour?

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Miss New Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane
Our cats would much rather scratch on the berber than on regular carpet (on their post).
Your tellin' me! Snuggles ruined the berber carpet at my parent's house, in the family room. Ginger was already front declawed when I rescued her, bless her heart, her first day home, she was using the scratching post that Snuggles never touched. Smokie sometimes claws things, but it's usually Snuggles who claws the carpet.
They loved this cardboard toy, in a circle shape with a ball that they push around, atleast Smokie and Ginger did! LOL! Snuggles kinda walked away.

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:11 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

Quote:
They loved this cardboard toy, in a circle shape with a ball that they push around
My cats love that thing too! Sydney, the female, LOVES to scratch on the cardboard.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Newborn Pup

I live in an apartment with cheap carpet. That didn't stop my Angel from clawing a bald spot on my bedroom floor. He likes to claw my couch, too, but I don't mind that because the couch fabric is too tough to damage. As soon as I can afford it, I'm going to buy a scratching post and rub catnip all over it.

Four Legged Justice-NOW
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

While in the States, I plan on purchasing one of those cardboard scratchers and see how the cats like it. I know they LOVE to chew on cardboard boxes, so maybe if I have a cardboard scratcher in the hallway, my little devil might not be as tempted to scratch my rug.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
cardboard box, cardboard boxes