Rat colors - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Rat colors

Ok my question is simple and also a couple of breeding friends wants to know. I have Siamese and have breed them and know breeding 2 together you get himmies but we are working on the show coat becuase they are poor before we try for himmes. But some are very poor and look like the hyimmes but are siamese.
So what the diffrence if they are poor what is a good way to tell. We have been told that himmes get there points at 5 to 6 weeks old. Siamese gethers as soon as hair coles in.
Dale Taylor from the AFRMA has only worked with siamese as in breed blacks to them not together. I know what himmes and siamese like like and the AFRMA said they are siames but is it true himmies get their points later on?
They dont have and i cant find info on it they just state the breeding a black or balck self to a siamese helps the points in them which i know and have done. all of mine have been cream color since fur came in but some turned more of a white with the himmie spots and the others are white and have more of the dark spots. But agian i was told they were all siamese I was wondering about the himmie and before I breed for one or get one I want to know all there is to know. As is the proper info not the wrong info. So have any of you breed or worked with them know?
Thanks
PA Yes i breed but untill recently have been told that some of mine look himmy which i was told by the AFRMA they were poor siamese but had potenchel to be breed to help the points, I have asked them the diffrence but have not heard a reply yet as to which is true do they get there points later for himmies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

you're in the cats forum diamond! haha this needs to be moved to the rat section!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

sorry I posted in the wrong one I thought i was in the right one. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Here are some links that I found.
http://www.rmca.org/Articles/himalayan.htm
http://www.rmca.org/Articles/siamese.htm

I am no breeder but I think breeding with a "black" rat will dominate anything lighter in color and you will probably end up with black berks.

I hate to sound harsh or rude but if you need to ask these questions then maybe you shouldn't be breeding at all. Any reputable breeder will work with a knowledgeable reputable breeder that knows this information.

*Missy*
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Before i begain me and my friends got the wrong info from some "SO CALLED" breeders come to find out they new nothing and told us the worng stuff. I only have studies the colors i like to improve and have only recently have been wanting to know if the himmie gets thier points later as after the fur comes in at 4 to 6 weeks old.
I know now about certion colors and which to breed except the himmie. All my question is is when do the points come in I know they look pew when fur statrs unlike the siamese who get them soon as fur starts but when do the himmes come in. I know that they get they after a while i jsut wanted know when since I never had them before? and i kow this is the cat form I posted in the wrong one and dont know how to move it.
Diamond
PS I do work with one that has been doinging it for 14 years who i have only know for 5 months now. She thank god helped me out and saved me form the horible info of the bad breeders. But she has only worked with siamese and dont know the answer either she knows the point come later but not when.

Tags
rat colors