Rescued 5 kittens from the pound today. . . - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Rescued 5 kittens from the pound today. . .

Today Josh took me to the pound to show me the drop box they had for the animals because I didn't believe that they would do something so cruel. He wasn't lying. . . I mean who could do that?

Anyway, I went inside to see the facilties, and I started crying when the lady told me that all those animals were gonna be put down tomorrow! God all those poor. . .sweet animals. . . .

I would have taken them all home if there wasn't a fee. . .. I ended up with 5 kittens for free (since I took so many). They were all young. . . I got one male kitten( the females were adorible too but females = more cats!) I named him Garfeild. He's very affectionate. I'm going to keep him.

We also got 4 younger kittens they had just brought in that were feral. I knew no one would want them, being the little pissants they were. I cleaned them up and they are coming along now. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can tame them and get them heathly and try to find new homes for them. . .if not well then I'll end up with 35 cats. . . lol. They are not totally weaned, but luckily I have a very kind cat who is nursing who will nurse them for me. anyway, I'll post pictures as soon as I can find my digital camera!

I know I know. . . I was just saying how I have no money. . but I would rather be broke feeding cats if it meant saving a few lives.

Last edited by tonifersangel; 07-01-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

Just make sure you don't end up homeless like they were! What good can a homeless Tonifersangel do for the kitties if she's homeless like they are?

I wanted to thank you for what you're doing. It's really wonderful that you've taken them in. I wish you all the best in taming those wild beasts

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah, well anything for animals ^-^

Garfeild is such a sweety. He's the most playful cat ever! And he'll lick you to death! Last night he kept licking in my nose! Stop stealing my boogers! Get you're own! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Newborn Pup

Awww... You did a great thing. Good luck with the feral kittens. Since they are so young, I think you will be able to socialize them quite easily.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

the kittens are completely tame now. In fact they won't leave me alone! lol. I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do with them. People around here don't really want cats, and I don't know if I'd trust them anyway. . . any ideas?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

What you did was right in your heart, so it is a good thing We do things all the time here and wonder where the $$$ is going to come from, but you know we don't stress it over it, because we know what we do is true to our hearts and it all has a way of working out....... Best of luck and I am glad to hear that the kittens have all come around..... Oh females don't = more cats that's why they have spaying just a little hint there for the next time around, hehehe!!! Slap my hand now it's okay, I'm terrible when it comes to telling other's about steralization.......sorry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

They don't fix animals at our pound. They get rid of fleas and worms and that's it. They sit there for a few days and then they get killed. That's why I saved them. And I diffinately can't afford to fix any animals.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Newborn Pup

How about you contact your local (or not so local) no-kill shelter? They're probably full, but they might a) help you find them a good home and/or b) offer low-cost sterilization (they probably have a vet who does volunteer/cheap work for them). I know that here (ARN, in Montreal), we have adoption kiosks for our shelter cats buy where foster homes can bring their kittens as well. Good luck!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I was going to say almost the same thing. MOST states offer a low-cost spaying/neutering or seeing as you rescued them you might be able to get some if not all done for free, it is a matter of looking in and around your area and state and how far you would be willing to drive to have it done.....You did a good thing, but they need to be fixed not only to prevent pregnancies but for the health as well. So many health problems can occur with unsteralized pets.........

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Kourtney, you can call Animal Haven here in Fayetteville and see if they will spay/neuter them for you. Call them up, tell them you rescued them from the pound, and they may be able to help. You can also ask them about their adoption fairs at Petsmart on the weekends. In order to take them in, Animal Haven does charge a fee, but they may be able to help you place them and get them spayed/neutered...You can call the SPCA at 910-860-1177 or Animal Haven at 910-864-9040 One of them may be able to help. Let us know what happens

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I guess I can call, but if they charge anything I can't give the kittens to them. I have $0 . . actually i might have less . . . they are such sweet kittens, i just want them to find good homes. Anyway, I'll try to call tomorrow if i can.