RIP Maia 10/1/00-9/15/09 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

RIP Maia 10/1/00-9/15/09

Well everyone, she lost the fight against what the vet is now saying was another kidney failure episode. Everything was shutting down and she also developed pancreatitis which is why she refused to eat. If the first vet would have started fluids or sub Q in July she might still be here. Needless to say she gave me some love before we had to put her down and she is in a better place now pain free and probably munching on grass in Heaven. I miss her terribly and so deeply appreciate everyone's concern throughout this ordeal.
Thanks everyone
This picture was taken when she was healthy and obviously beautiful and this is how I'm going to remember her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miscellaneous 048.jpg (65.1 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh Hon, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Maia was absolutely gorgeous and will be greatly missed. It hurts so bad to lose a pet. I wish I could offer some comfort, but only time can heal the hurt. I'm gonna miss the pics of her! She was so pretty! But, as you said, she is pain-free and muching grass in Heaven now!! RIP Maia...

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I am so so sorry. RIP pretty baby

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM
can't think of one, help

So sorry to hear you've lost her. But now she's happy at the Bridge with all of those who have gone before her

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Part of the Pack

So sorry for the loss and pain you're going through. We've probably all been through it and know how awful it is. That's the worst thing about having them, is having to lose them. But you just have to focus on the love and good life you gave them while they were here. Peace and prayers to you.

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That was so saddening, so sorry for your loss. She's truly a sweetheart, may she rest in peace..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Well everyone, already there is the new pitter patter of kitty feet in my house (well once he comes out of hiding) We adopted a little male kitty from a rescue service and he came with the name Henry. This little guy will help ease the pain of losing my precious Maia. Here is a picture of the newbie with more to come in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg henry.jpg (50.4 KB, 6 views)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He's absolutely breath-taking!! Soooo pretty!! I'm so happy for you and Henry!! Can't wait for more pics!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh a beautiful cat you have there!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

he's so cute! congrats
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

I am worried about him now, we didn't adopt his brother (but are discussing it) because I never had more than one kitty and he is clearly distressed about it. He hides most of the time, hasn't had water (I did get him to eat some food) or used the litter pan in over 24 hours. When we do pull him out he purrs and gives me constant kisses and he is drooling alot. That seems to have abated some but I am still concerned about the not drinking or going potty. I keep showing him where they are but he just goes back into hiding. He is 4 months old and we are both going to work tomorrow so he will be by himself all day (I am going to check on him at lunch time) Sad part is I feel like I'm not giving him 100% because I still miss Maia so much. Maybe it was too soon...
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Its (in my opinion) not very hard to have two cats, sometimes even easier. They can entertain each other and clearly Henry misses his brother. I have always owned 2 cats and the only other thing is that you will need an extra kitty litter box (and of course more food). I use two food bowls for my cats, but if you do adopt Henry's brother they are probably used to sharing! If you do decide be quick before his brother is adopted.

But another thing, Henry could just be a shy cat or not used to people just yet. It hasn't been long since you got him and I would give him a bit of time to adjust try offering him treats or scraps of meat (they [mostly] especially love chicken). Good Luck with everything

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

I think someone flipped a switch in him, He is out and loving, he talks to me and best of all he ate, drank and went potty!!! The main reason I'm hesitant to have 2 is because we go camping alot and it would be difficult to keep track of 2 kitties and I would hate to lose one while away from home.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I understand! He will get over it though, but he might now even be scared because of missing his brother. Its hard to tell. My cat Scout hides all day until the house is calm and quiet at night, then he comes out for love <3

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I use to go camping in my back yard nerdy I know but it was close to the house if I needed anything and I coudl do hwat I wanted and mom and dad could have their time with out me being their in the house and me making arangemnets with frineds or an x boy friend (who is stilla friend) to go vivst. The cats and dogs and ferrets woudl join me. they woudl all run around the tent and have fun. the ferrets when it a small cage at night jsut for sleeping and the cats had thier big carrier incase the got rambunches but I also leash trained them and they know they are not alowed out of a place with out a leash. Although DC has snuck out and he gets 2 steps away and either sits their liek know what or meows in fear like oh crap weres my leash my saftly net. I sprayed the tent so far up with that bitter bite and stay off so they woudl not tare at the tent becuase of other cats that came arooudn and what not this way they could sleep with me and no fear of them scratching ot get out.
There are thouse cage like things you coudl take with you camping to put them in threw the day or make something that colamses for travel us they can get out of but can enjoy the out side safly.
Godo luck with him and hope you get his brother.

Tags
maia