Roo has a tumor! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy Roo has a tumor!

I took my 16 yr. old girl kitty Roo to her vet Monday because she has a fast growing lump on her forehead.

The vet said Roo has a hard tumor that is growing out instead of inward. But when she checked Roo's eyes she found that Roo's pupils were asymetrical and it is probably more progressed than she first thought. She checked the roof of Roo's mouth to make sure it wasn't going through there.

She basically said that at Roo's age surgery or any therapies is not an option, plus she is frail from her thyroid condition, she is hyperthyroid so the best thing to do is to make her as comfortable as possible for the time she has left. She also retested Roo's thyroid level and it is way up again so she has to have more meds for that as well.

Thanks for reading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diane~ owned by~ 7 cats, Chuckie, Spyder, Winnie, Stormy, Crystal and Francine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3 ferrets, Shoops, Rocky and Jazzy
and a hermit crab, Zoidburg
RIP Roo 1989-2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

awww I am so sorry...I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I am so sorry you are going through this.. Having a sick pet is so hard, you want to do what is best for them.. Just remember all the good times you have had and enjoy what time you have left together..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww i'm so sorry to hear your news, give Roo lots of love and make every second you have left with her count

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Miss New Booty

Oh no.. I'm so very sorry. She is in my thoughts.

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 05:33 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm sorry about Roo. I hope she is around and feeling ok for a long while. Spoil her even more rotten than I'm sure you already have. {hugs}
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
I'm sorry about Roo. I hope she is around and feeling ok for a long while. Spoil her even more rotten than I'm sure you already have. {hugs}
Thanks everyone!

She sure will be even more spoiled than she has always been.

Her tumor doesn't seem to be growing or at least not as fast as it was...which is a relief!

She seems to be doing better today then when I took her to the vet.
She is hypertyroid and the vet rechecked her levels and they were very high again so her meds have increased and that has made an improvement.

Thannks again for the good thoughts, they are much appreciated!

RIP Roo 1989-2005
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Roo will be in my thoughts

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.
Roo's been having good days and bad days. Yesterday was a bad day. I couldn't get her to eat,I think she wanted to, she just couldn't seem to smell it . Poor girl, I think her tumor is affecting her sense of smell, because her nose has been sounding a bit stuffy since it appeared.

Here is a picture of her that shows her tumor

RIP Roo 1989-2005
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Poor baby girl.

Give her lots of love and kisses.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts. Hopefully, she'll get something to eat soon.

Perhaps you should try a strong, pungent smelling wet cat food (if you haven't already, that is)? Perhaps she could pick up whiffs of it if the smell is really strong?

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am very sorry about this, it's such a heart wrenching story and I hope your cat will live out her life to the fullest.

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Miss New Booty

Ohh no..poor Roo, I'm so sorry. I hope she starts eating soon. She's in my thoughts and prayers.

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hi all,
I am sad to report that Roo had to be PTS yesterday

She seemed no different then she has been in the morning, but in the afternoon she suddenly started running back and forth, here and there so I knew something was wrong. I checked her head and seen that not only was her tumor larger but there was a second one right next to it.

Took her to the vet and the vet said it was a good thing that she was brought in in time (before they closed for the weekend) because her tumor had spread around her head and through her sinus and she would have hemmoraged (sp?) tomorrow or Monday

Thanks for the good thoughts for my sweet girl everyone

RIP Roo 1989-2005
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very sorry for your loss, it was for the best now she isn't hurting, take care

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I am so sorry for your loss.. At least she is no longer suffering, and you did do the right thing, even though it was a tough decision.. Take care.. RIP Roo..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Tags
cat food, wet cat food