rosie's giving birth - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

rosie's giving birth

rosie is giving birth at the moment, we have about 3 born so far. i really didn't want to have to deal with another pregnancy lol but we couldn't fix her because she was pregnant when we took her to be fixed. i'll post updates for you as it unfolds lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

my cousin who takes care of animals at a shelter touched three of them to move them to a warm box, but now rosie is moving away from them and is not going near them, we are afraid she might be rejecting them. what do i do?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 AM

Daniel, Did you put them back with mama kitty? If you did and she continues to leave them alone, you may have just adopted three baby kittens. They will have to be fed every 2 hours by eye dropper or baby bottle (animal baby bottle) with a milk that you can get from your vet or from the store that is kitten milk. Do not give them regular milk! And keep them warm on a heating pad. Do not put them directly on a heating pad, put a blanket over the heating pad and put it on a low heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 AM

While you feed them, keep them in the same position as they would be if they were eating from their mama. Do not lay them on their back, they can choke. After eating, you will need to burp them, just like babies and you will need to take a wet cotton ball and wipe their little bottoms to help them go potty and poo poo, just as Mommy would do and this is very important too. The wet cotton ball step should be done before and after feedings. We just went through this with two babies, I speak from experience.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 AM

Every two hours, I believe for I can't remember how many weeks. I can look it up for you tomorrow. But for your sake and the kittens too, I hope she takes them back. Let me know, o.k.?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

my cousin moved them back and it looks like she welcomed them back, she is nursing all six of her babys
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM

Awww I want to see the pictures of the new babies!! Can you post some?? How many babies did she end up having all together??
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

she had six
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM

Oh, Danielle, I am so glad Momma kitty took them all back! It's best not to move them! It is SO much work and so scary to raise baby kittens from day 1. Nerve racking actually, but it can be done. But I am so glad to hear that it is working out for you. Please post some pictures for us if you can, (but don't move them!) hee hee.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

ever since rosie had her baby's she has been very mean to her mother. she has been hissing and scratching at scooter, her mother.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 AM

She is just protecting her babies. It's o.k., she's just being a good mama. Don't be upset at her for that. That is to be expected of a new mommy (anything). Those are HER babies and she wants to keep them safe. It's a sign that she will keep them safe from anything and that she will be a good mom.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Congrats on the baby kitties! i bet there really cute Im glad momma took the kittens back, bottle feeding them is hard work. I wouldnt worry too much about how momma kitty is acting toward the other cat. Like Charlene said, shes just doing her job. it means she'll be a good mother. As the kittens get older she will relax more, and they will be friends again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 AM

Can you post pictures of the kitties??
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

i did, they are in another thread
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Thank you I saw the picture! Sorry I was waiting here for the pics!! They are adorable!

Tags
heating pad