Running Water - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Running Water

Both of my cats -- Tigger especially -- love running water. They typically mug anyone wandering near a sink faucet to turn it on for them so they can drink from it.

They are given fresh water daily in a bowl but it has gotten to the point where I'm not sure if they touch it anymore.

I know that some cats are attracted to running water for drinking .... some company even makes a waterfall-type thing for cats ... but has this gone too far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Miss New Booty

Ohhh wow they really love running water, don't they??!!!!
I used one of those water things for the cats! Ours was filtered and would be constantly running and they loved it! Problem was, it somehow started leaking and we never figured out what happened to it? All I know is the carpet was soaked one morning! I still have it, I really want Brad to look at it and get it working again.
I think it is a really neat idea!! I think, also, that the running water fountain will intice kitties to drink more, because alot cats don't drink enough water.
Oh! I have one of those Homedics fountains, you know, the cascading ones? Ginger loves to drink the running water when it is on!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 12:42 PM

I opted for more of a water fountain type of bowl. There is one common fountain where the water sort of rolls down the bowl but the Drinkwell Fountain (that I have) actually has a stream.
http://www.vetventures.com/dpf.asp

My cats have always been obsessed with running water and love their fountain...here's a couple pictures of Sydney.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww! Look at Sydney!!! How precious!!!!! I love her markings! I have to find a picture of Snuggles in the sink now!
Yes! I have a similiar fountain as that one, Candy! They loved it! I hope ours is fixable.

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:38 PM

I think its a great thing to have. I prefer fresh water, so why wouldn't a kitty.

Love that water fountain bowl.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:46 PM

Yup, I have the waterfountain for my cat, Annie too.... She loves running water
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

One of my favorite all time pictures of Sammie (my big orange and white tabby) is of her drinking from the kitchen sink faucet! I posted it here a long time ago...

Gone too far? Naah... Mine love running water too and I turn the bathroom faucets or kitchen faucets on for them all the time.

Jackie I remember the leaking water fiasco!

I love those pictures - how cute! My cats sit in the sink all the time.

Cats love running water - I'm happy to provide it.

[center]

[
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 07:42 PM

Awwww Sydney is so cute!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Great ... thanks for the info everybody. I never knew it was that common! Sydney is cool .. mine practically live in the sink, too.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 11:04 AM

Sydney is our princess. The funny thing is, she will lay in the sink when the water is running but screams and cries during bathtime.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer loves running water, If I am in the bathroom he will run and jump onto the counter and meow at me till I turn the water on so he can drink it out of the sink. goofy cat sticks his head in the water and drinks it as it drips off of his head into his mouth.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog: