Runt - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Runt

So the first born was the runt... he keeps gettin pushed to the side... i dont know if its by her or the other kittens... what can i do? i dont know if hes eating, is there a formula i can give him if it turns out that shes not feeding him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 01:29 AM

You can buy kitten milk replacer at any pet store and sometimes may find it in supermarkets. I see you are in Michigan...Pet Supplies Plus and Meijer both carry Kitten Milk Replacer. I would suggest rotating the kittens though as mom's milk is best and the runt will do better getting it from mom. Good Luck
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Well the runt died... he died on monday.. kept being pushed away from Devon... the other 3 (2 boys and a girl) are doing wonderfully... they're puttin on weight and sleeping all the time... they crawl right into my hands when i put them down.. devon doesnt mind me touching them as long as i pet her too... when i get the digital camera back ill be takin pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

sorry to hear about the runt... it is good that the others are prospering. Have you started planting the seed to your friends that these kittens will need a home when they are older? :^D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.

Last edited by Keritsubo; 10-20-2004 at 05:15 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keritsubo
Have you started planting the seed to your friends that these kittens will need a home when they are older? :^D
oh yeah, they were told WAY before the kitens were even born
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

The runt could have had something wrong with it that the mother sensed. Sometimes they do things like that.

When a stray cat we had taken in (while I was in Louisiana) had kittens, she pretty much abandoned all of them from the start. One was born dead, and the other three were very tiny and didn't look developed properly. All but one survived (whom I had to hand feed). I'm convinced something was wrong with the kittens; while raising Galina, she never developed as quickly as she should have and never gained as much weight as she should have. She was four weeks old before opening her eyes! When Galina was three months old, she looked like a kitten that was seven weeks old.

So, there could have been something wrong with the runt. Just monitor all the other babies and if mama is caring for them, then you have nothing to worry about.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:51 AM

I agree with Rowan, there could have been something wrong with the runt that caused Devon to push it away.....Sadly we see that alot around here with the strays that is how we end up with so many to bottle feed (comes in spurts). We had a foster kittie that was 6 weeks old by the time we turned her over to our local vet, because she was still no bigger than the palm of my hand, she was eating/drinking but her body wasn't growing. Her head was larger so we thought maybe she was a dwarf, after Dr.Friz had her for about 2 months she began to finally grow and was adopted
Glad to hear you have new families lined up for the kitties.......Good Luck with the rest of them, can't wait to see pics!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i'm so very sorry about the little runt.

but i'm glad to hear the others are doing well. pics please!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:25 PM

So sorry about the runt dieing I am glad the others are fine. Ok waiting for pictures!

Tags
pet store, pet supplies