Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Say Hello! :)

Tags
cute kitty
3K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Scoobygirl314 
#1 ·
We just brought our new kitty home yesterday from the Town Lake Animal Center here in Austin. Her name is "Daisy" and she's a 2-year-old Calico, short-haired, 7lbs. She's really sweet and absolutely perfect! I'm really excited because I've been wanting a cat ever since my last one died 10 years ago. I'm glad that my girlfriend likes them too, even though she's more of a dog person ;)

Here are some pics:

LOL! Last night we were trying to go to bed, so I put the cat in her bed against the wall in our room. I pet her for awhile and she went to sleep, so I went and get in bed myself.

A little later we hear, "jingle jingle jingle" (there's a bell on her collar)... then see that the bed is empty. We start looking around then feel a soft "thud" at the foot of the bed. She walked up to the area between us, got right up to the pillow, then plopped down like she was the queen of the bed. "Hello humans... I think I will rest now". HAHA!!

I ended up having to put her bed on a chair, then putting the chair right next to my side of the bed so I could pet her throughout the night. It also made her feel like she was in the bed with us I think. She's just so cuddly.... must resist!!! lol!

It is much harder for them to adopt out the adults at the shelter. They were glad that we wanted an adult and not a kitten like everyone else! I was also impressed with how nice the shelter is and how well they take care of their animals. You can tell that they really care about all of them and do their best for them :)

Austin also has a law against the selling of cats or dogs within the entire metro area. They did this because the shelter was having to put down 70+ dogs and cats per day, so they passed the law to encourage people to adopt homeless animals instead of buying new ones. I think that's great and I think more cities should do it!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to PT!! What a gorgeous cat! She looks so sweet.

:lol: :yes: I've had a cat or two sleeping on my bed ever since I had my first kitten as a kid! I think it's so sweet you got her a bed to call her very own. It sounds like she'd much rather snuggle with you though!! :D

I think it's wonderful you adopted an older cat .... I'm sure she will bring you so much love - and fun! It's nice to hear you had such a great experience at the shelter you adopted Daisy from.

Please feel free to post in the Introduction section of the boards so everyone can say hello! :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.