Say Hello! :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Say Hello! :)

We just brought our new kitty home yesterday from the Town Lake Animal Center here in Austin. Her name is "Daisy" and she's a 2-year-old Calico, short-haired, 7lbs. She's really sweet and absolutely perfect! I'm really excited because I've been wanting a cat ever since my last one died 10 years ago. I'm glad that my girlfriend likes them too, even though she's more of a dog person

Here are some pics:

LOL! Last night we were trying to go to bed, so I put the cat in her bed against the wall in our room. I pet her for awhile and she went to sleep, so I went and get in bed myself.

A little later we hear, "jingle jingle jingle" (there's a bell on her collar)... then see that the bed is empty. We start looking around then feel a soft "thud" at the foot of the bed. She walked up to the area between us, got right up to the pillow, then plopped down like she was the queen of the bed. "Hello humans... I think I will rest now". HAHA!!

I ended up having to put her bed on a chair, then putting the chair right next to my side of the bed so I could pet her throughout the night. It also made her feel like she was in the bed with us I think. She's just so cuddly.... must resist!!! lol!

It is much harder for them to adopt out the adults at the shelter. They were glad that we wanted an adult and not a kitten like everyone else! I was also impressed with how nice the shelter is and how well they take care of their animals. You can tell that they really care about all of them and do their best for them

Austin also has a law against the selling of cats or dogs within the entire metro area. They did this because the shelter was having to put down 70+ dogs and cats per day, so they passed the law to encourage people to adopt homeless animals instead of buying new ones. I think that's great and I think more cities should do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Welcome to PT!! What a gorgeous cat! She looks so sweet.

I've had a cat or two sleeping on my bed ever since I had my first kitten as a kid! I think it's so sweet you got her a bed to call her very own. It sounds like she'd much rather snuggle with you though!!

I think it's wonderful you adopted an older cat .... I'm sure she will bring you so much love - and fun! It's nice to hear you had such a great experience at the shelter you adopted Daisy from.

Please feel free to post in the Introduction section of the boards so everyone can say hello!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:44 PM

to the forum! Daisy is gorgeous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 PM

and to Pawtalk. It's really nice to meet you. What a beautiful looking cat Great pics too, such bright and pretty eyes Best of luck with her. Like the name too
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 05:04 PM

Daisy is such a cute kitty! Congrats
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Miss New Booty

Hi and to PT!!! Awwww! Daisy is adorable!!!!! Congratulations!! It's so nice to meet you!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 08:29 PM

What a cutey! Good luck keeping her out of your bed, I've never known a cat that would actually play by the rules (the human rules that is) I see her little naked belly in the first picture, spaying is a wonderful thing!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Daisy's really cute ^^. Welcome to PT!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 09:03 PM

Awwww. . she's a real cutie!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 12:33 PM

Town Lake Animal Center is one of the BEST shelters in the Austin area. I call Georgetown my hometown and my friends and I would visit the shelters and volunteer quite a bit. Daisy looks so adorable and like she's gonna be a real sweetheart!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 02:52 PM

She is sooo pretty! I love Calicos! Congrats on your new addition.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 12:19 AM
Newborn Pup

I like having a kitty sleep with me. They do tend to crowd a bit when it's chilly at night but I find I miss them when they sleep elsewhere. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often.

Congratulations on the new kitty. She's quite beautiful.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 05:48 PM

nice looking cat welcome glad you found her and she found you
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

to pt!!

i love your kitty!! great pics. her name is great.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 03:36 AM

and to PT!!! Daisy is beautiful, I'm kind of partial to calico's myself It is so great to hear happy stories like yours, congrats again!!!!

Tags
cute kitty