Schylar has a problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Schylar has a problem

OMG! my sister's cat has a swollen stomach. Well he was fine two days ago and then today he looks like a blimp. I looked it up and it sound like a hair ball blockage. There are so many other things it could be. One being FIP which I dealt with last year and caused my kitten to die because the shelter didn't do the test.

I just got a call from the vet. Things aren't looking good but I don't really know. There is fluid in his stomach and his heart is beating rapidly. My vet said it could be a heart problems, tumors, and some sort of disease. They are going to drain some fluid and take a x-ray along with other tests. Pray for him cause he was the last present my sister got from my mom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 PM

I wish kittie and your family well. I lost a young cat to what was likely FIP, so I realize it is a terrible disease. Whether it is FIP, or another problem, I hope for the best for you.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

I just got back from picking him up from the vet's. It doesn't look good. Their talking FIP, heart disease, and cancer. I won't get the results till monday I think. Oh man how do I tell my sister who is mentally challenged? This sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:13 PM

I'm really, really sorry; I can't even say how much. I don't know what to say for how to break it to your sister, I'm sorry. Such a sad thing.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
can't think of one, help

I'm so sorry, I wish I had some really good answers, but maybe you could find some help on the rainbow bridge site
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:57 PM

so sorry

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.. I wish you all the best. Keep a positive attitude.. things have a funny way of turning out.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

I just finished talking to the vet. Schylar has FIP. My sister is devastated. The other cats are going to be vaccinated next week. If I knew there was a vaccine I would of done this after Shadoe died. No one told me. So I just have to watch and get regular test done on the other cats to see if they ever get it. Three of my cats are 10 years old. The other one just turned a year. I don't know what to do!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm taking Schylar to the vet friday to be put down. Thank you for all your support. This has been rough.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
can't think of one, help

I'm so sorry, thats one of the hardest things to do.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, just remember this could just be life making room for somthing new. "When one door closes, another door opens". Just this past year we had cat problems. we'd bring home a cat and one would die, then we'd bring home another and one would disappear.. this happened 3 times, I lost 3 cats in less than a year. Well, now I have two wonderful cats that deffinately fit my home, and family personality.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Will It Ever Change?

oh hun *hugs* i hope your sis learns to understand the cat was sick and needed to go to heaven. so many hugs and love coming from me to you. i wish you the best

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan