She keeps peeing on our bed. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 11:54 PM
Nancys Zoo

She keeps peeing on our bed.

How do you get a cat to stop peeing on the bed? She had 2 litter boxes and if the bedrooms doors are closed she will use them but if she can get into a bedroom she hits the bed first! Actually she will use any sheet, towel or blanket before she will use her litter box. This is starting to get old VERY fast. I don't think hubby can take much more of this!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 12:02 AM

is she doing this right after the sheets/blankets have been freshly washed or does this occur at any old time?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 12:36 AM
Erin

one of our females pee's in a basket of clean laubdry if the litter box hasn't been cleaned to her liking, meaning EVERY DAY. So maybe she's trying to tell you her litter needs changed?

Other than that, is she spayed? We had a female with feline lukemia that we hesitated on spaying and she would come in while she was in heat and pee and bleed all over our beds. We finally got tired of it and risked the surgery which she did fine through.

thats my 2 cents, I hope you can figure it out, must me horrid!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 04:42 PM
Proud New Mommy

i know that if dogs pee in one spot over and over again, it could be because its not cleaned to where ALL of the smell is out of the spot... other than that... i dunno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Nancys Zoo

She will go any time regardless of clean sheets or ones that I am ready to take off and wash on Friday. I clean the spots with a pet spot remover that is supposed to take the smell out and I can't smell it once that dries. She will also go in clean laundry that is in a basket or dirty laundry that I have taken to the garage to wash and haven't separated. If I have a pile of sheets waiting to be washed she will go on that too. She was spayed when she was about 6 months old, she is about 2 1/2 now. This has been going on for about 6 months now. She used to do it when there were changes in the house. The dog had puppies or a new pet was brought in. Now it does not matter.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 05:44 PM

have you had her checked by a vet to see if she may have an underlying medical problem?

Tags
litter box, litter boxes