She's already spayed???? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Post She's already spayed????

I don't post nearly enough about our calico cat Hobo (aka: spitty kitty). I think I've only mentioned her once or twice now that I think about it. I guess you guys should be thankful that I haven't bombarded you with spitty kitty stories.

Anywho, we had a little, scrawny calico cat/kitten show up around the house about 1 1/2 years ago. She was so timid, shy, terribly skinny and wouldn't let us pick her up. We put food and water out for her everyday. Eventually, with ALOT of patience, coaxing, and treats, she finally would let us pick her up. Then one day she decided she wanted to come into the house. She would only stay for a few minutes and panic and jump at the door to get out. To make a long story kind of short, she has been living inside the house for almost a year and is now terrified of the outdoors (no worries though because she will never be outside again anyway).

Trying to do the right thing, we made an appointment to have her spayed, and also to have a suspected hernia repaired. My mom took her to the vet yesterday for her surgery. The vet calls last night and says "I can't spay your cat" My mom, thinking the worst because Hobo looks to have a hernia or something hanging from her belly, says "Oh no, why not??" The vet says "Because she is already spayed!" Thankfully the vet looked closely at her belly after it was shaved and noticed an old surgery/spaying scar. She was pretty small when she came to us, so she must've been REALLY young when she was spayed.

Now she is moping around the house with a shaved belly, obviously very ticked off at us for humiliating her like that. I keep telling her it could be worse...the vet could've just shaved and sliced without looking!

Oh, and the "hernia" is just fat hanging down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 08:39 AM

Re: She's already spayed????

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlette
Oh, and the "hernia" is just fat hanging down.
My dog Snooper has that too!

Hopefully she will forgive y'all soon for shaving her!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 01:58 PM

That is too funny, good thing you have an observant vet! You should tell Spitty Kitty that if it weren't for the shave she'd be wearing an E collar!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 07:14 PM

'Oh, and the "hernia" is just fat hanging down'
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Princess in Waiting

Yeah, that must be what's wrong with me. "Fat hernias".

Lots of humane societies spay kittens and puppies at 6 weeks; that could explain that. Just ask her. She may have run away from her people after they did that to her then found you and after thinking for so long that she'd never love again she found herself loving you. See? Nothing to it!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i think that "fat-hernia" is one of the funniest things i have ever heard!! i hope i don't get any of those. haha. ("really honey, they're HERNIAS....i promise.")
-jane
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Fat Hernia!

Spitty Kitty is pretty lucky she only had to suffer the indignation of a thorough shave You can try and console her by telling her that all the hot chicks do it now - yanno - tell her it's a Brazilian or a Playboy

awww - That's such a sweet story, all the love and patience - and now she's an indoor only Spitty Kitty Plus - she saved you the cost of the spay Give her a belly scritch and extra treats - and post some pictures of her

[center]

[
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I was laughing at her the other night. When she trots down the hall her fat sways from side to side.

Rhonda

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 08:14 PM

You mean her 'fat hernias' are swinging side to side.
Oh that is too funny!! Must post pic!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 08:52 PM

My calico's name is Joji. She's the smartest and the fattest of my cats! Maybe calicos tend to be rounder in the middle