Shes coming out of her shell - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Shes coming out of her shell

Millie our newest member of the family is finally coming out of her shell. Here is some information on her for anyone who didn't read my post about my cats. She is 6 1/2 years old, has more than half of her teeth missing, poor girl is on digestive care food due to having a digestive problem. The shelter thinks she was abused as she is very skittish and she was found on the street. We adopted her about 2-3 weeks ago and within the first week she managed to lift open one of our air vents and get inside of it. She was stuck there for 48 hours as we couldn't get her out and animal control or the fire department wouldn't help us. Finally we had to put 8 holes in our wall just to get out but she was safe just scared, thirsty and hungry. We have since screwed down all of our vents upstairs and are gluing the ones downstairs so that doesn't happen again. Now she is actually coming up to us for attention, and for the first time today she jumped up on my lap. Its a big improvement since we first got her. Thought I would share her progress with you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Glad Millie is slowly settling in, poor little girl with her past and current condition, thank you so much for giving her a very loving home.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Part of the Pack

Oh, bless your heart for giving her a good home!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Newborn Pup

Time, love, and patience, Kaylee—that's what it takes for any rescue. Hang in there!

Last edited by JackPDB; 09-10-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Since this post she has really begun to open up. Shes coming up to us for attention, plays with our other pets, and has started greeting me in the morning and when I come home from school.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Update.
I'm pleased to say that for the first time Millie has actually gone downstairs and hung around on her own. She explored for a couple of hours before retreating to back to my room(which is where she spends most of her time).