Sick 13 year old cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Sick 13 year old cat

My 13 year old cat has become ill in the last week or at least showing signs. I took him to the Vet on Tuesday and they kept him over night and ran some tests. They determined he might has a mass in his right lung or the beginning of phemonia (sp). They sent him home with some medicine and he hasn't been the same since. He just lays around and sleeps most of time and doesn't really eat or drink much at all a bite here and there. I spent about $400 on the Vet bill - which I am really not complaining about because this is my little buddy, but I don't feel like I got any answers as to whether he will get better or how long he has..

We gave him his medicine this morning and he went off and hid and he finally came out of hiding and is now sitting in his litter box. He doesn't come and lay with us like he used too. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 01:46 PM

Im sorry to hear your kitty is sick. Maybe he just wants to be alone and left in a quiet place. Have you tryed bribing him with his favourite foods (chicken, fish, liver ect)?? Just keep an eye on him and make sure he is warm, if the problem presists and it comes to him not eating at all, try syringe feeding him mushed up food. I hope he gets better soon. Let me know hes doing xx

Tags
sick cat