Sick Kitty :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Sick Kitty :(

Hello!

My cat is very sick. About two and a half weeks ago I took her to the vet because her mouth was bleeding quite badly, and it turned out that she had some serious gum inflammation. The doctor prescribed Clinsol, which made my cat very sick (vomiting). She has been off the medication for almost a week and she hasn't been eating at all. She is getting very thin, and is despondent - very unlike herself. I'm really worried about her. The problem is, the first time I took her to the vet it was $300. I simply don't have to money to take her again. Please help! I love my cat, and miss her cuddly personality!

Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Playful Pup

I'm so sorry to hear that! I have had a cat for a long time and only recently lost her. She had her ups and downs, I don't know of how much help I can be but maybe these might help you.

Have you tried giving her liquid food? a flavor that might peek her interest? Have you tried going to the pet store and as them about soft foods or liquid foods you can give your kitty? People at the pet stores always know quite a bit of info on food and what not.

Is she drinking her water at all? try getting any kind of food in her system that you can for know is what I would say she needs. She may perk up after that. Let me know if this helps any. Wish I could do more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't loose hope! Our furry friends are here!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:27 PM
can't think of one, help

There is a medication that can stimulate their appetite, it is not expensive. I don't recall the name. I agree, try giving her soft liguid things, Tuna water, watered down baby food, fancy feast with water etc. nothing she has to chew a lot. But things that are very tasty to kitties. Once she starts ingesting something she may feel better.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Playful Pup

Medication for stimulating appetite is cyroheptadine - it does work pretty well.

Some animals also do well on Famotidine (basically Pepcid for animals) as sometimes it is a stomach upset causing them not to eat, like my Bonny who has CHF and kidney issues. I keep Famotidine in my fridge for her and give her an injection when she doesn't want to eat and once it's settled her stomach she will eat up!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Newborn Pup

cyproheptadine, which is an antihistamine, might help with a cats appitite but will not address the issue of an animal going off feed.
If your cat has severe gingivitis Your cat might need some teeth remove or could have feline bartonella.
Some cats get full mouth extractions and do much better.
The ones with febart need Azythromycin or Rifampin.
-Just some things you should ask your vet about.

Tags
sick