Sick mama dumped. Experience help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

Sick mama dumped. Experience help

I wish I had a camera but then you guys might kill me for gross pics. So a friend found a matted bundle of mats in some mud and guess what...SHES PREGNANT!! On top of that, she looks to have really bad teeth. I have no idea what happened to her but she looks terrible.

So I'm hoping to adopt out her and her babies...hopefully she will deliver them and be ok. She is semi feral so I made an appointment with the vet's groomer who thinks "she will be a fun experience!" Only thing is...her teeth are so bad that it is getting hard for her to eat. My regular vet suggested wet food only and shes going in Thursday for her check up at the cat hospital. I haven't named her but call it project Phoenix (so I will probably just name her Phoenix) in hopes that she will rise from her ashes and become something beautiful in the end.

I'm worried and I know the vet will give me some help but...any ideas on how to keep her fed? I'm not sure they'd give her a tube or anything since she is quite frightened by strangers. No dental work till she pops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Betta Bomb

Hm, that's a sin. Some people are monsters to little cats. Congrats on her
My boyfriend has a cat back home which they got from the shelter and he had to have all his teeth removed. It's the cutest little thing, a toothless cat. He's so gummy. They can live perfectly well without teeth, Cheeks eats like he has teeth. He fights with his brother like he has teeth too!!
As for her maybe feeling pain from rotted teeth perhaps you could soak kitten food in water until its spongy before feeding her? Warming up wet food with a bit of Whiska cat milk may make it easier to eat while also giving her vitamins for her kittens.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Betta Bomb

Also, I would love to see pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

Awesome well when I get my phone back...lol. Hopefully she can be adopted into a great home.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

oh by the way she looks to be a persian. Anyone have special instructions? I hear they are prone to C-section needing and such
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

IF she really is semi faral you will have a very hard time adopting her out, and she might not like being in a home once she is feeling better. which means it is unlikely she was dumped and more likely never had a home. which explains the teeth as well.

Good luck.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

She was pretty good. Sadly she passed on. I tried nursing her little ones and tending to them but they didn't do well on KMR OR Just Born. *sigh* oh well. She was a fighter. Now time to move on and try to save some more.

I did name that specific outdoor run after her. It is now called the Phoenix Memorial run. Now time to clean up cause I have a new queen that was also dumped (although VERY friendly) that was found on a boat with her babies....yikes.

Tags
persian, sick