Silly Kitty - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

Silly Kitty

I was wondering if anyone else has a cat that will sit on the edge of the tub and stick her paw in the water and then lick the water off. then when i laugh at her she will go to the corner of the tub sit with her back to me and try to splash me with my bath water by using her tail, once she fails she will just soak her tail and come close to me to and will splash me that way then take off running. I wish i had a camera as she did that last night to snap a couple of pictures of her doing that.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:00 AM
What If Your Mother Was Watching You

LOL She sounds quite mischievous. Two of my four cats like water. Mouse will try to get in the tub with you. Titus has bad luck when it comes to water, I think. If there is water nearby- sink of dishes, toilet lid open, dogbowl, whatever it is- he seems to fall in it. he doesn'tmind it- doesn't get that drowned cat look like most cats do when they ge wet, he just sort of pulls himself out and trots off. At least those two are not hard to bathe. Hermie hates water, but she's really not hard to bathe, either, because she freezes when she gets scared. Booger, on the other hand, I only bathe when absolutely no other choice- because she bit into my arm once and I had to pry her mouth open.

I have been frosted

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

My cats seem to find the bathing of the human extremely interesting! They walk along the edge of the tub and splash and play and chatter up an absolute storm. Now, when I give them baths it's a different story entirely! They tolerate it, but they are NOT having fun. I guess that's just cats...if it's their idea, it's great, if it's not, they want nothing to do with it.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

lol it seems that way both mine drink for the toliet so we make sure we have not chemicals in the toilet and when i clean it i flush it a few times jsut to make sure all chemicals are washed away but ther ehave beena few times they have fallen in to it, but they get oput and act all dignified and look at us like we pushed them in if we happen to see it happen. but they love to splash us when we are in the tub trying to relax. I think that is their way of getting us back for dripping water on their heads when they sit beside the tub. if they don't slpash us they drink the bath water. the other thing they do is if i have a bubble bath and don't rinse out the bubbles they will go and play in the tub. the first time Sox came out of the bathroom drenched it took me a bit to figure out what she was up to.

giving the girls a bath isn't that bad i put them in the tub and join them so that way they are calm. I wil knell beside but make sure i am between them and the tap so that way they don't freak out too much and they seem to enjoy that or it just mite be they kow that they are going to be getting major snuggles and loving.

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Naked Dog Mom

Sebatian likes to bat at the water if he's sitting on the edge of the tub. Sometimes he'll play with his water dish like that. Occaisonally he'll lick it off of his paws, but mostly he wants to play with it.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my cat sits on the toilet and watches me take a bath lol...its wierd to have her just stare at me...she knows how to open the door so if I forget to lock it, there she is lol...she hasn't tried to put her paws in since she fell in once lol...cats are so funny

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Thunder will dip her paws into something and then lick them off to drink it if we aren't paying attention. Usually she does this with our water or milk. Bit would get in the tub with us when he was a kitten, but decided that wasn't fun anymore after he slipped and ended up under the faucet...

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM
In Frosting Denial

my cat used to put his paws up on the toilet rim and watch the toilet being flushed.
If ever he heard anyone on the toilet he would come running, then just sit until you had finished, and waited until you flushed it
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

lol mine still does that. they love watching the water go around in the toliet

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

yup mine will do that.

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Mel
Cardboard Chef

Mine does that if you leave a glass around... its especially bad if its something you don't want him to drink! He LOVES drinking out of cups and glasses, and sometimes as a treat I'll leave his water in a cup.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

I have a few pics of tigger laying on a wet mat in the tub that i will try to post once i get it on to my computer. It took us a while to figure out why we had wet lil paw prints leaving the bathroom. finally one of us wentin to the bathroom and seen tigger sleeping on the mat.

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Crazy Woman Driver

One of my cats used to sit on the edge of the bath tub. She never pawed the water though. But she won't do it anymore though because she slipped and fell in once. Luckily it was only about an inch deep, not too hot and she landed on her feet in the tub. I've never seen a cat shoot out that tub and down the stairs so fast!

It was really worrying for a while, but once I had checked a zillion times that she wasn't hurt I couldn't help but giggle a little!

Caroline
( Just two of my many alter egos )

I
my new job and my girls, Polly puss cat
and Isis puss cat