Smelly Cat - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

View Poll Results: What brand of food does your kitties eat?
IAMS 9 18.75%
Science Diet 3 6.25%
Natural Choice 3 6.25%
Eukanuba 0 0%
Other 34 70.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 04:18 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Please, if you love Animals, boycott IAMS and Eukanuba.

Whatís the Big Deal?

Whatís the problem with Iamsí using dogs and cats in laboratory-controlled food testing if it has agreed to do the following:

~ Stop killing the dogs and cats it uses
~ Stop intentionally inducing diseases and injuries in animals
~ Stop using outside contract laboratories (by October 2006), such as the horrendous one that PETA investigated in 2003

Hereís the Big Deal

Through its purchase of entire litters of animals from breeders and dealers, Iams fattens the wallets of those who stock pet stores, thus exacerbating the deadly pet overpopulation crisis. Iams also buys "purebred" litters, thus encouraging the breeding of purebreds, despite the fact that such dogs and cats are more prone to suffer health problems. Instead, Iams can and should conduct in-home or collaborative veterinary clinic studies using animals who already require treatment for diseases or specific conditions of interest to the company.

By building a new facility, Iams is making an investment that will ensure the continued use of caged and kenneled animals to test its foods. Iams also continues to kill animals other than dogs and cats in unnecessary laboratory experiments.

Iams didnít even know the number and nature of the USDA violations that took place at its 30 or so contract laboratories until PETA gave the company a complete report. Iams either didnít care what the conditions were like inside its outside labs and/or failed to oversee them adequately. An end to the use of these labs is a good thing indeed. But once Iams brings all its testing in-house, the ability to scrutinize the companyís treatment of animals is greatly diminished.

Tests on dog and cat food donít do a thing to improve animal health as long as commercial companion animal food companies like Iams use diseased, decayed, and discarded animal parts from rendering plants.

You Can Help

Please do not purchase your animal friendsí food from IAMS/Eukanuba that are tested needlessly on animals in laboratories.

Returning IAMS? Click Here on How!

My cats eat Whiskas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMeTrue
my girls seem to like friskies or meow mix the best when it comes to the dry stuff and as a treat we give them canned stuff and they like whiskas the best then 9 lives. we tried giving them the whiskas dry food and they started peeing every where and just acting up majorly so we went back to friskies.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 AM
SwC

Thank You GeishaGirl!! Someone actually read and viewed what is happening in those facilities. I am about half sick everytime I walk into the grocery store/pet stores and still see those products on the shelves. Particularly pet stores who are fully aware of the boycott and continue to peddle the stuff (petsmart, petsupermarket etc.) I refuse to buy my petfood at a place that promotes it. The store I purchase from fortunately feels as I do and doesnt carry the products on thier shelves any longer!
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I actually got a local shop to stop selling IAMS and Eukanuba! The Doghouse used to sell it and when I showed them what they were doing to animals, they stopped and gave out info to anyone who wanted it. I was even mentioned int PETA's Magazine, Animal Times.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 02:01 PM

my cat eats Whiskers....she not gassy and well i dont tend to go smelling my cats breathe

Tags
canned food, cat food, chicken soup, dog food, dry food, neutered male, pet store, pet stores, royal canin, stray cats