Smitty's First Bath (by accident) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Post Smitty's First Bath (by accident)

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but before we got Smitty, Baby Girl would cry the entire time one of us showered because she missed us that much. So half of the time I'd have to leave the shower curtain cracked so she could still see me. If/when one of us takes a bath, she'd climb on the side of the tub.

Smitty came along and suddenly Baby Girl could care less if we are bathing, showing, or even breathing, BUT Smitty too is drawn to the tub.

So the other day while I am at work, Ray comes home from raquet ball and decideds to take a nice bath. Smitty is climbing on the side of the tub and Ray actually says "Don't fall in or I'll be p*ssed" So of course Smitty falls in and Ray is stuck drying him with a towel. In a panic, he decides if the cat is wet at all he will get sick, so he gets out my hair dryer and chases Smitty around the bathroom with it. The cat LOVES water and now LOVES my hair dryer! (Thank God Ray was smart enough to put it on low) Every time I dry my hair, Baby Girl hunches over and gets scared but Smitty pounces right on over and basically begs me to send him some air. Thank God, Ray could have scarred the poor thing for life!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:28 PM
I Heart My Job

well, its good that everything worked out well. i'm sure you will look back on it as a funny story someday.

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:29 PM
Erin

Cute story! My Sylvester likes to get in the tub to play, but if it had water in it, he'd have a heart attack!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Rhonda

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Wanted: New Title

Cute story. I am glad that Smitty isn't traumatized.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Ray's more traumitized then the cat!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 07:45 AM

Poor kitty, LOL sounds like Ray handles the situation pretty well.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 10:56 AM
Soapaddict

That is SOOOO cute! You are lucky your kitty likes the hair dryer, I tried that with my dogs and they went nuts trying to find a way to escape the bathroom.

So how does the kitty look all soaked up? Does she look silly? I always like seeing animals like that, they look so cute. lol.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Ray said he looked like so so so tiny and thin because his hair wasn't all poofed up! I am glad i wasn't home

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 11:04 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

LOL That would of been a kodak moment.I can only imagine the look on Ray's fave when Smitty fell in.It is good Ray loves the kitty enough to dry him off.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

How funny! But probably best that you weren't there. Aren't you lucky that he was so concerned for the cat? (Bub is that way - he dropped John Robert at the vet for me this a.m. on his way to work - I think he has a UTI).

John Robert came sashaying in the house one day with his entire back end soaked but his front half was wet. He had somehow managed to fall into the pool back-side first and managed to pull himself out with his front feet. And of course he gave us that look that says "I meant to do that".

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 08:03 PM
It's all in my head!

When Shadow was little she took some unexpected dips. She had a bit of a fascination with the toilet when it flushed. She would try to jump up on the seat and see what was going on. Well the first time she managed to jump up on the seat she slid on into the toilet.

Do you have any idea how high a small wet kitten can jump straight up into the air? It is amazing!!!!!!!!

Cavy slave to Mama Christie, Scruffy, Sno pig and Harry.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

LOL I know! Ray has been training me to leave the toilet lid down because he is scared Smitty will take a dive, but now Baby Girl thinks she owns the toilet, which can lead to scary situations in the middle of the night if I have to go. She actually complains as I shoe her off, like how dare I!

Bubba is a good guy! When #1 Stunner was sick Ray took him to the vet because I had to manage and couldn't miss work. His entire family made fun of him for taking a hamster to the vet, but Ray loves animals-and me, and I was glad he went!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 02:56 AM
It's all in my head!

Over the years the vet we had when we were kids saw the dog, the cats, my gerbil and my guinea pigs.

Cavy slave to Mama Christie, Scruffy, Sno pig and Harry.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

See that is good. Our vet right down the street used to see them(hamsters), but when Lil' Snugger was dying, and we called, the woman said they never took care of hamsters. Hello? They had saved my hamster's life months before....

Tags
guinea pig, poor kitty