Smoke Tabbies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

Smoke Tabbies

I couldn't help myself when I adopted Salem. I have seen black tabbies and smoke blacks...but never a smoke black tabby.

I was doing some reading on them and some of them tend to lose their stripes. She sort of has a mane like an adolescent cheetah or something which has hidden the stripes pretty well.

What do you think? Are the stripes here to stay? I don't know much about the coat color at all except that some breeds will rarely get em (like bangles and Egyptian maus)

[B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spyro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loki
Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Newborn Pup

Wow she is a gorgeous kitty! and is lucky to have you as a pet owner who does their research! If you'd like I can do some research on her breed if you want more information!

Good luck

PS beautiful Name!

Sincerely Angela Janelle

Founder of MITA foundation
Check out Our new Service Paw Angels
instagram: @wildprettyangie

Have a question about your pet?
Email me:

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

To be honest she was from a feral litter of three (or three survivors anyway.) Her brother is a snowshoe and I can't quite remember what the other kitten was.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
It's all for them

Gorgeous color and congratulations. How old is she? I think her stripes are likely to stay visible rather than go to ghost.

Declawing: please read this first
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
Gorgeous color and congratulations. How old is she? I think her stripes are likely to stay visible rather than go to ghost.
Approx 3 months-ish range lol. Can't remember off the top of my head...and thank you very much.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

What a beautiful cat and interesting coat, you should take more pics and be observant for future reference.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Betta Bomb

Interesting! I didn't know their stripes could fade. If she's from unknown origins then it is entirely possible they will fade as she nears her birthday as she grows into her big cat coat. She might not though. She's beautiful