Sneakers has taken a turn for the worst - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Sneakers has taken a turn for the worst

Sneakers is leaking drops of bloody urine. We have tried so hard to make him better. We've been giving him his special food every day, giving him his pills every twelve hours, checking the litter box every time he goes. He still has only been able to go in small amounts, and I found quite a large spot of blood on the carpet. He is really lethargic and has drops of urine leaking from him. The drops are red. I am waiting for Mike and we are going to take him to the ER and make a decision together. My heart is breaking and I feel like we have tried so much to make him well. I don't know what else we can do. I am so exhausted from working and I am so numb right now. I haven't been eating properly because I've been so busy with work and Sneakers, and under so much stress. All my clothes are hanging off of me and I feel so weak. I was supposed to drive to Orange County for my mom's birthday right after work, but I'm not going now. Mike should be home in about an hour and then we are taking him in. I am so so sad and heartbroken. I can't believe this is happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg steph. i'm so very sorry. just know that you are doing all you can. sneakers knows he is loved. i'm here if you need to talk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:18 PM

Very sorry to hear this. I wish sooooooooo much there were miracle cures and easy answers. Unfortunately there just isn't in these situations. Remember what I told you last time.... take care of you and yours and love that lil guy with all you've got. Time is precious and all that matters right now is you and your immediate family.

The best thing you can do is get take a nice warm bath...get all prettied up while chatting with sneakers and then love him like you've never loved him before.

What happens next will happen next whether it's tears of joys or saddness...the key is to just do what you do best and that's to love the lil guy unselfishly as you have been doing.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}

I KNOW how painful this is. I only wish I had words that could make the pain go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicOlio
Very sorry to hear this. I wish sooooooooo much there were miracle cures and easy answers. Unfortunately there just isn't in these situations. Remember what I told you last time.... take care of you and yours and love that lil guy with all you've got. Time is precious and all that matters right now is you and your immediate family.

The best thing you can do is get take a nice warm bath...get all prettied up while chatting with sneakers and then love him like you've never loved him before.

What happens next will happen next whether it's tears of joys or saddness...the key is to just do what you do best and that's to love the lil guy unselfishly as you have been doing.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}

I KNOW how painful this is. I only wish I had words that could make the pain go away.
Its so painful. I know you understand how I feel.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:22 PM

I'm so sorry Steph Give Sneakers lots of loving between now and the vet's and give him a snuggle from me too!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww hon I don't even know what to say right now. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. He knows you love him with all your heart.

Just know that we are all here for you no matter what. Please give him a hug for me, too. ((hugs))

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to spend some time with him. Its so hard. I can't stop crying. I will let you know what happens.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Steph have you asked the clinic if they do any sort of credit option? Here we have a program called Care Credit (www.carecredit.com) that does 90 days same as cash. I know you've spent a lot and wanted to mention this because sometimes you can buy some more time to get a handle on the situation.

He and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 08:29 PM

I am sorry hun, keep us updated
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:04 PM

Oh Steph, I'm so sorry.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:12 PM

We have Care Credit too...I would ask them about it. Thoughts and prayers are with you hon
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:24 PM

I am so very sorry to hear this ... I'll be thinking of you and sneakers.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh Steph I'm so sorry hun. I hope something can be done for Sneakers but if it can't then know in your heart that you gave him the best life any cat could ever ask for. I'm here for you if you need me. Again I'm sorry and please let us know what happens.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Steph have you asked the clinic if they do any sort of credit option? Here we have a program called Care Credit (www.carecredit.com) that does 90 days same as cash. I know you've spent a lot and wanted to mention this because sometimes you can buy some more time to get a handle on the situation.

He and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I appreciate the suggestions. Money wasn't the issue this time, and we would have done the surgery if we thought it was right to put Sneakers through it. But with him having so much fear and suffering so much, we couldn't put him through a painful surgery that would only leave him with a larger opening to urinate through, with no guarantee that he still wouldn't have crystals and infections throughout his life. Thank you all so much for being there for me and Sneakers.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 12:43 PM

Unhappy

Sorry I am late with this posting, Steph I am so sorry about Sneakers! Take care!

Tags
litter box