Snoreing? Really?!? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Snoreing? Really?!?

Yes thats right Snoreing! I have a (roughly) 9 month old female Russian Blue and she Snores..

You can hear her across the room, over the TV!

OK so my question is, Concern or Normal?

She has one eye and i think it might have something to do with it, the whole sinus cavity change due to her lack of eye or such.

Any help is apricated.

Arigato!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
X~TERESA~X
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MommyTo- NibblerGizmo! almost 3 year old Male Gray Chinchilla!
AlsoHave- 3 Cats! Tigger-6year old(about) Male LightGray&White Tabby! CharlesDaniel- 29 Month Old Male Russian Blue! Padiddel AKA Diddles- One Eye 9 Month Old(about) Female Russian Blue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Part of the Pack

I have a snowshoe lookalike (mutt kitty) and she did not snore until after she got ran over by a car. So trauma was what started it for her. So perhaps yours is the same.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

oh ok... so maybe it is just becasue of her eye being missing.

Arigato for replying!

X~TERESA~X
MommyTo- NibblerGizmo! almost 3 year old Male Gray Chinchilla!
AlsoHave- 3 Cats! Tigger-6year old(about) Male LightGray&White Tabby! CharlesDaniel- 29 Month Old Male Russian Blue! Padiddel AKA Diddles- One Eye 9 Month Old(about) Female Russian Blue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:12 AM
It's all for them

Snoring is not uncommon in cats, but if it's something that has started suddenly and seems excessive, by all means talk to your vet about it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

My cat snores often, especially when he sleeps with his face smashed into the couch. I wish I had a picture, he looks hilarious when he sleeps like that but it is his favorite position to sleep in. I wouldn't be too concerned like everyone else said, unless it has suddenly started.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Betta Bomb

OOh, I think it IS related to her sinus'... My kitty Illusion snores too sometimes..
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Part of the Pack

Lucky snored, too! I don't think he had any health issues concerning that at all.

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Our cat doesn't snore, but our dog does--very loudly!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Newborn Pup

Hmmm...kitty Luna snores, but it's really more of a murmur. And if my Pug, Tuff is sleeping in the same room, no WAY would we hear her over his snoring...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Playful Pup

My cat snores, and usually when she's on my bed all curled up either on me or next to me. Or while I'm on my laptop and she's lying with me. She only ever does it lying with me though, lying with mum she doesn't.

My friend's dog snores REALLY loudly. To the point one night I accused my friend of snoring [she said she didn't] and I was surprised to be answered by my "I thought you didn't snore".
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

our friends cat gandalf (russian blue) snores too. Ever since he was a kitten. They took him to the vet and said something about his sinus and its nothing to worry about, but he will alwyas snore.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Tags
cat, snore