So sad and lost - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy So sad and lost

I need someone to talk to, my cat maybe dying and I don't know how to deal with it. She still walks around but very slow and the eating is getting worse, as is the drinking of water.
I have taken her to the vet and they said she may be in renal failure; the end stages of kidney disease.
I do not want her to be in pain or hurting and I do not want to give up on her too soon.
Does anyone have anything advice, something to watch out for. The doctor gave her antibotics on Saturday and they have not started to help her.
I have read up on kidney disease but it is not the same as hearing it from another who has gone through this.
So please, anything will help.
God bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I am sorry, her name is Brandie and she is about 14 years old. I bought her at a pet store for 25 dollars because no one wanted her which was so sad. She was diabetec and was on insulin for two years, now is free of diabetes. She does not meow a lot anymore, does eat treats but very slow. I gave her soft food this morning and she did not even finish it which is so not like her. She also tried to pee on the living room floor which she knows not to do. Her pottie is clean. I did put her antibotic crushed in her soft food this morning and she made a squeeking sound when she was eating that I have never heard before.
She still jumps up on the couch and chair but stays without making a sound. Thanks for listening.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Betta Bomb

Hi, sorry to hear about your kitty. I responded to your other thread so I won't repeat it here. I'm praying for you guys. Please keep us updated. It is NEVER easy to decide something like this. I am here if you need someone to talk to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you, I wasn't sure of what to put, I just know I need someone to talk to. Thank you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's devastating for you, I'm sorry. Sending hugs and rays. If you think she will just suffer, you can feel it when its time. She will be surely thankful for having you and would be happy in the rainbow bridge. But if you still feel hope for her improvement, don't hesitate if you have guts.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you Wishbone, I need so much to know that.

Tags
cat