Spayed Cat in Season - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Spayed cat in season

Right, March last year my cat went into season for the first time.....drove the household nuts.....and I mean Death in the Family nuts! soo put her on the kittie pill and got her done....she has been fine for the whole year, until monday.....she's gone into Season....and i mean the whole nine yards. spraying, yowling...wiggling her arse at everyone, been way affectioned {Which she isnt usually, only when she knows she's about to be fed}. can someone please tell me why? have an appointment with the vet on thursday....but i know they are stumped! I call them when it started and on the notes, there is nothing to say anything couldnt be found or left in for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 01:09 PM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Wow that's a new one on me!! I feel for you as I waited till my girl was 3 and it was **** each and every time! Keep us posted as should be interesting as sounds like something (maybe an ovary) got left behind?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeah I will.....today she seems alot calmer and not so 'take me now'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

oh and this is Smudge btw

An rud is fhaich a dheanamh, 's fhaich e a deanamh ceart!

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 08:24 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

?? Strange ... ?? I suggest going to the vet!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Guarded by Waffles

My fiances cat does that too but we don't worry about it because she has never gotten pregnant after she got fixed.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine
My fiances cat does that too but we don't worry about it because she has never gotten pregnant after she got fixed.
I'm not worried about her getting pregnant....she's a house cat. But She's been done, so she shouldnt be going into season. Have got an appointment with the vet on Thursday...so i'll let everyone know whats happened

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

OK, so I took Smudge to the Vets this morning. Vet says she fit and health and seem to think that a sliver of ovalion{sp} tissue was left behind, which has developed a blood supply and thats what started everything. there is no point in operating cause they might not even find it.

So Smudge is going on the kittie pill {still makes me laugh they have the pill for cats} until July, cause she's not likely to go into seaon over aut or winter. then if it happens again in Feb, back on the pill she goes!

I'm so releved, its nothing more serious and there is no infection

So there you go kittie pill

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm very glad she's OK and she's so cute too!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

i never knew there was a pill for cats, that cracks me up.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Playful Pup

Darko, I have to say, you have a beautiful cat. I love Torties! I have 2 myself. They are known for being very strange though but very loyal. Mine aren't spayed yet and rarely go into heat but when they do, it's VERY loud,lol.

Hope the pill works for your pretty kitty.

Just a small part of my zoo!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Duke
Darko, I have to say, you have a beautiful cat. I love Torties! I have 2 myself. They are known for being very strange though but very loyal. Mine aren't spayed yet and rarely go into heat but when they do, it's VERY loud,lol.

Hope the pill works for your pretty kitty.
thank you very much! I have to say I love her to pieces and she knows it!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 10:57 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Glad to hear Smudge is well. At least I had a very close guess lol. Kitty pill? Wow! Never would have guessed on that one.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I know! a house full of hormonal women thats extents to even the cat!! fan-bloody-tastic!