Spaying my cat help!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Lightbulb Spaying my cat help!!!!!

I want to spay my cat. She is 1 and almost 2 years old. I have a couple question. One is when i take her to go get fixed will i have to get her shots done or can i waite on them? Second question, when i am looking to get her done i was wondering do ihave to waite for her to get out of heat or can i just go with the gusta???Please help me and also check on the gerbil forum to answer my other questions if you know anything about them thank you.

breyann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

it will depend on the vet to whether or not she'll need to have her shots first. a lot of vets nowadays have started prefering that the shots be done first. whenever you call to schedule her, they'll let you know what you need to do

if she's had any "friends" around, you'll want to have the vet make sure she isn't pregnant, but she can still be fixed while in heat

good luck!!

Okay, so I've got a mischevious husband and a few buns...

Grand Marshall NutterButter of TFAN

Code Name: Snow White

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PT's Official Poker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I would get her shots done ASAP. Especially since taking her to the vet offers the chance to be exposed to the things that shots are going to protect her against.

I'd take her in to be spayed ASAP also. As long as she's in heat there is the possibility sh'ell get pregnant. Have her spayed before she gets pregnant.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks you guys it really helps
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:51 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

As stated get her shots caught up as most vets do require this. If she's exposed to other cats not in your home or outside cats then she also needs tested for feline HIV and leukemia. Check with your local animal shelter as they usually offer low cost shots and also spaying. I usually buy the certificates at the humane society then take them to a vet locally that will honor the certificates. They may charge an additional fee for pain management but that's usually about all. Much less expensive and they still get the quality care they need.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

At our clinic, if shots aren't up to date, we can do them the day of surgery. As far as spaying while in heat, we can do that too, there is an extra charge though as it increases the risk. We also recommend combo testing for FIV and Feline Leukemia before doing the vaccinations as well as bloodwork to test the liver and kidneys to be sure they can process the anethesia. It's not required, but highly recommended. Pain injection or pain medication to go home is also recommended and is extra.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Adolescent Pup

I don't know this they have this where you are, but Smudge was in heat when i wanted to get her done, the vet gave me the pill to take her out of heat so they could operate

An rud is fhaich a dheanamh, 's fhaich e a deanamh ceart!

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.

Tags
animal shelter, humane society, local animal shelter