Spca - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Spca

me and my daughter went to our local spca (we found an injured bird and took it there) while there we went to see the kitties...it broke my heart at how many kittens there were...so many moms with new babies and a bunch of abandoned babies...there are about 50 cages in the room and all were full but I did snap some with my phone
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/132095984/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/132095525/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/132095274/

it was so hard to leave and not take all of them with me...this is not the adoption cages either, these are the cages of the strays and abandoned just recently brought in so sad that there are so many kitties and doggies without homes...but all of them were so adorable...I just had to share

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

it is so sad to go to those places and not take themall home. I at least try to say hi to them all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Part of the Pack

When I use to go to shelters to get hamsters or gerbils there I would here the cats meow and it would make me so sad, I would almost want to cry.

I saw a show on the tv the other night. This couple had been murdered, and the police where invistegating and saw a cat bowl in the apartment but no cat. Later, when they were investigating outside they showed a very sad and confused cat outside, I told my boyfriend that was there cat. Poor cat must of saw the murders and was left outside to be homeless and no longer had a home, and was probably very hungry. Made me so sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I can't go into the spca for that reason, I always end up in a ball of tears looking at the animals and hearing them yowl wanting homes
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Title Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePaws
When I use to go to shelters to get hamsters or gerbils there I would here the cats meow and it would make me so sad, I would almost want to cry.

I saw a show on the tv the other night. This couple had been murdered, and the police where invistegating and saw a cat bowl in the apartment but no cat. Later, when they were investigating outside they showed a very sad and confused cat outside, I told my boyfriend that was there cat. Poor cat must of saw the murders and was left outside to be homeless and no longer had a home, and was probably very hungry. Made me so sad.
Oh my, was that show The First 48? If so, I saw that episode and noticed the exact same thing. I couldn't stop thinking about that poor cat. I hope somebody gave him a home.

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyChantelle
Oh my, was that show The First 48? If so, I saw that episode and noticed the exact same thing. I couldn't stop thinking about that poor cat. I hope somebody gave him a home.
Yes that was the show. I really hope someone gave that poor cat a home too. Just keep thinking what is going through that poor cat's mind.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I like The First 48... good show. That's so sad about the cat... I can imagine how sad that cat must have been. Such a drastic change in life... probably asking itself 'why'?

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:48 PM
RAT ADDICT

The last time I visited the Humane Society, it was such a sin.There were a bunch of kittens there of various ages...some were thin and dirty and very small.It was such a sin to see them.There was one little kitten there that I wanted to take home, altho I am not a kitty person.It was a tiny little white thing, obviously a runt.She was dirty and small and it broke my heart seeing her sitting in the cage...fortunatly I would say she would of been adopted fast as she was a nice looking kitten.

I never went to the dog area and am kind of glad...it would of been even sadder to see more animals needing homes.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

i have the same problem. it is almost to depressing to go. our humane society has a ton of rules about adoption, they even do a credit check on you. we can't adopt anything b/c of zoning in our town you are only allowed to have a certain amount of animals in your house and we are beyond the max. i would like to start volunteering there someday though.

Tags
humane society