Sphynx? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Alena

Question Sphynx?

Well, I am *considering* getting one in the future. They are the only way I can ever have a kitty, DH is allergic :-(. Does anyone know about them or maybe ownes one? I would love to hear about their personalities! Also, I know a lot of you have cats AND chinchillas. How does that work out? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 08:20 AM

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Alena

:hershey:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 08:49 AM

I have 2 cats and 48 chinnies, we have never had a problem except when Precious first came home and a few of te chinnies peed on her, other than that no problems.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 10:46 AM
Alena

Sassy, do you mean that you cats interact with chinnies? I mean, will i have to keep the chinchillas in a locked room if i get a cat....

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 11:06 AM

I would not think so, I don't let the chins and cats play together. When we first got Precious she would walk up to the cages and look in and of course the particular chin would spray her, but that has stopped she likes to look in the cages at the chinnies.
I would never let a chin out with the cat in the room though, not saying that something would happen but I don't want to chance it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Alena

yes, i understand that, what I means isthat you leave the room wth the chins open, so the cat will comeup othe cages... :-) i would not let a kitty play with a chinchlla either... Especially Natasha, 'cause that cat would just suffer so :-) LOL!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 01:28 PM

There is times that the door to the chin room is left open and neither cat will bother the chins. With the size of the wire on my cages the cats could not get to the chins.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Alena

Thank you, that is what I figured as well... No on to convince the Grouch that i NEED a kitty :-) I have almost a year to do it till my birthday :-)

Tags
chin room